Snake bite piercings are two normal piercings located in two special places. In fact, the placement is everything in case of these types of piercings. Because they are located on the lower lip, on both sides, they resemble the fangs of a snake, hence their name. Even so, piercing enthusiasts found great ways to replicate the snake bite on other body areas, such as tongue, neck and so on. You’ll see multiple examples as it follows.
Just as any other piercing, snake bite piercings will hurt directly proportional with your pain tolerance level. If you can stand pain, then getting two piercings at once will be a piece of cake for you. If not, you might have to go in the piercing shop twice for each piercing. As for healing, expect 2 to 4 months of soreness that will occur if you are not careful enough with your new accessories. Caring for them is actually pretty simple.
When you want to avoid infections and speed up the healing process, you have to consider these are oral piercings. This means that you will have to be careful what you eat, drink and how you brush your teeth. In case you are a mouthwash fan, read the label and make sure it doesn’t contain any alcohol. This detail is very important because alcohol will irritate your freshly pierced skin and will make the healing process take longer.
As fashion statements, snake bite piercings are cool, trendy and for the brave. You’ll see both guys and girls sporting jewelry in their lower lips and you’ll love it so much that you’ll make an appointment. Be aware, these ideas are contagious and trying them out is not permanent, but they do involve some commitment.
1. Black and white for a guy
- 1 1. Black and white for a guy
- 2 2. The lip triangle
- 3 3. Pin-up girl with snake bite piercings
- 4 4. Cute boy with horseshoe snake bites
- 5 5. Snake bites with spikes
- 6 6. Snake bites below the collarbone
- 7 7. Working magic on thick lips
- 8 8. Laid-back smile for guys
- 9 9. Small beads for a pink-haired girl
- 10 10. Snake bites up and down
- 11 11. A subtle lower lip arrangement
- 12 12. Dudes like spikes and girls too
- 13 13. Snake bites popping out
- 14 14. Artistic vision of snake bites
- 15 15. Big smile and big black beads
- 16 16. Black jewelry for all skin tones
- 17 17. White jewelry for all skin tones
- 18 18. Emo style combined with large snake bites
- 19 19. Massive lip piercings for dudes
- 20 20. Golden beads for the lip
- 21 21. Tiny spikes for the lip
- 22 22. Earlobe and neck snake bites
- 23 23. Microdermals as snake fangs
- 24 24. Double snake bite piercings
- 25 25. Monroe combined with lower lip piercings
- 26 26. Two lovely pyramids
- 27 27. A combination of black jewelry
- 28 28. Extra colored lip piercings
- 29 29. Tongue snake bites
- 30 30. Markings and alignments are key
- 31 31. Open wide to show off
- 32 32. Nicely healed lower lip design
- 33 33. Nape of the neck pierced
- 34 34. Matching snake bites on lips and chest
- 35 35. Black and silver combinations
- 36 36. Freshly inserted piercings
- 37 37. Transversal tongue piercing
- 38 38. Slightly long lip studs
- 39 39. A nice view of the tongue
- 40 40. Canine bites and others
- 41 41. Standard lip piercings are best
- 42 42. Canine bites and a septum piercing
- 43 43. Plump lips and double snake bites
- 44 44. Tip of the tongue pierced
- 45 45. Emphasizing your lips
- 46 46. Not an innocent look
- 47 47. Anything but innocent
- 48 48. Snake bites in the lip
- 49 49. Snake bites and no eyebrows
- 50 50. Crystal beads for lips
- 51 51. Snake fangs and a Crawford piercing
- 52 52. Lower lip piercings for rasta styles
- 53 53. Piercings don’t make your tough
- 54 54. Nerdy guy sporting piercings
- 55 55. Spirituality and acupuncture in one
- 56 56. Horseshoe rings for the lip
- 57 57. Jewelry and pink lips
Guys love snake bite piercings because they love lip piercings in general. They are very popular among skater dudes and are known to boots success when it comes to girls. This guy is wearing one black bead and one white bead for the sake of contrast.
2. The lip triangle
Snake bite piercings may contribute to the creation of different shapes on your face or on other body parts. This tattooed chick formed a triangle by adding a Medusa piercings to her upper lip.
3. Pin-up girl with snake bite piercings
The whole point of this picture is to show you that snake bites look great on girls that have different styles. Pin-up is not a style that you will see often these days, but it’s nice to know they match.
4. Cute boy with horseshoe snake bites
This guy’s snake bites don’t make him look dangerous at all! He is, in fact much cutter with those pokes through his lower lip. I like his other piercings as well, but he’s heading to a dangerous road with so many face piercings and ear piercings.
5. Snake bites with spikes
Your options when it comes to jewelry are virtually unlimited. You can put anything you want in and out of your lip as soon as it heels. Large spikes are just an idea and could not be great for you, but could be perfect for others.
6. Snake bites below the collarbone
Snake bites might have started as lower lip piercing, but they ended up expanding to other parts of the body. This chick placed them under her collarbones, two on each side. Those aren’t normal piercings, but microdermal piercings.
7. Working magic on thick lips
This type of piercings may help one’s lips look different. They can highlight thick lips or enhance thin lips. Besides the fashion factor, they have other effects that shouldn’t be neglected.
8. Laid-back smile for guys
Guys with two piercings in their lower lips benefit of a laid-back smile. This is not a special case; it’s a fact. Piercings, in general, are enhancements of the body, so you have to admit that they are about looks more than anything else.
9. Small beads for a pink-haired girl
Pink hair is also an accessory, so you have to be careful not to exaggerate with accessories. Wearing small beads is a good idea for obtaining a balance on your face. I like her septum piercing as well!
10. Snake bites up and down
The arrangement that you can see on this guy’s face has a particular denomination. His piercings are canine piercings, because they are located next to his canine teeth. Do you think that four piercings are too many or do you like his style?
11. A subtle lower lip arrangement
Even if snake bite piercings are multiple, they may also look subtle when they are not combined with other types of piercings.
12. Dudes like spikes and girls too
Don’t ask me how these guys can kiss other human beings without hurting them even a little because I have no idea! When I got my first lip piercing, it was a labret, which means it was located in the middle of my lower lip. I had chosen an enclosed bead ring and I didn’t know how I was going to function properly. The truth was, it didn’t bother me or anyone else; not in case of kissing, eating or something else.
13. Snake bites popping out
Such an experienced pierced person shouldn’t need any advice when it comes to her chose jewelry. However, she is wearing studs that are too long for her lip. This may cause damage to her gums, so caution is needed.
14. Artistic vision of snake bites
Not a purely descriptive picture, this one is a little on the artistic side. It speaks of appeal, unusual and sensuality, don’t you think? The piercings definitely contribute to that.
15. Big smile and big black beads
Big smiles look great combined with big beads. The color of the beads is not relevant for this reaction. However, some people choose the color of the beads according to their skin tone.
16. Black jewelry for all skin tones
Black and white are not colors, so you will be able to wear them regardless of your skin tone.
17. White jewelry for all skin tones
Your skin could have warm or cold tones and still look fantastic with white piercings on it. As mentioned, while goes with everything!
18. Emo style combined with large snake bites
If pin-up isn’t your thing, then maybe you like this emo/alternative style. If so, you can match it easily with snake bite piercings.
19. Massive lip piercings for dudes
It’s a known fact that dudes wear massive jewelry that couldn’t possibly flatter girls. Some of them are really masculine, so they don’t look well with thin jewelry. Thankfully, there are manufacturers of piercing jewelry who thought about this matter of proportions.
20. Golden beads for the lip
Although snake bite piercings have a specific placement, they may vary because not everyone’s lips are the same size, thickness and so on. This girl looks like she has two chin piercings, but she is still cute I think.
21. Tiny spikes for the lip
Moving on from massive jewelry made especially for men, here we have extra-thin jewelry made especially for women. Ladies have fine features; they are fragile and couldn’t possibly wear a half-inch ring in their lips.
22. Earlobe and neck snake bites
A snake’s fangs make no sense on one’s earlobe or neck, but on the other hand, it’s great that people are creative enough to think of other patterns as well. The choice in jewelry makes a big difference in this woman’s case. She doesn’t simply have two red microdermal piercings on her neck. She has the mark of the vampire.
23. Microdermals as snake fangs
Dermal piercings are ideal in less accessible areas of the body. Going in and out with in a needle in a sensitive area as the base of the neck would be butchering. That’s why they invented the anchor, which goes under the skin and plays the role of base for various beads.
24. Double snake bite piercings
If one is not enough, you can double the fun with double snake bites.
25. Monroe combined with lower lip piercings
If you are not obsessed by symmetry, then you can wear two lower lip piercings and one Monroe piercing in your upper lip.
26. Two lovely pyramids
If you look close enough, you’ll notice that there are two pyramids on this chick’s face, formed by her piercings. One is upside down. Pyramids have different meanings, which I believe she I aware of.
27. A combination of black jewelry
Is colored jewelry too much for you? Do you think that you cannot match them with your clothes or makeup? Then take the safe way and pick black jewelry.
28. Extra colored lip piercings
This girl took the adventurous way and picked extra colored jewelry. I think they also look nice.
29. Tongue snake bites
Another alternative to the snake bite piercings, here are the tongue snake bites. They are two normal tongue piercings places side by side.
30. Markings and alignments are key
In order to have perfectly aligned piercings, the piercer has to mark the exact areas to be pierced. Here, he or she drew a line in the middle of her tongue to have as guidelines for poking the holes.
31. Open wide to show off
People will not notice that you have two piercings in your tongue as easily as they will notice two piercings in your lip. So, you’ll have to show it off if you want them to notice.
32. Nicely healed lower lip design
As you can see, this girl isn’t wearing any makeup. This is the ideal way to take care of your lower lip piercings.
33. Nape of the neck pierced
The skin from the nape of the neck is thicker than in other areas, so piercing it might hurt more than you expect. Lip piercings have a lower pain level than these.
34. Matching snake bites on lips and chest
Collarbone piercings can be matched with lip piercings. They don’t even involve the same procedure, but they do look very much alike.
35. Black and silver combinations
Your imagination and ingenuity can be used in case of jewelry too. See how she combined black beads with silver beads? Pretty cool, huh?
36. Freshly inserted piercings
If your lip will look inflamed, red and it will feel sore, don’t worry! It is normal and it will go away in a few days.
37. Transversal tongue piercing
I’m not sure this example can qualify in the category of snake bite piercings, but it still looks awesome! It is actually a transversal tongue piercing.
38. Slightly long lip studs
When your lip is no longer swollen, you will have the feeling that the studs are too long. That is not just a feeling. The piercing can’t insert tight jewelry from the beginning, so he or she has to go for a longer size at first.
39. A nice view of the tongue
Healthy tongue piercings should look like this.
40. Canine bites and others
Your face can be pierced in so many places, that it’s hard to pick one. When in doubt, do both like this guy did!
41. Standard lip piercings are best
Don’t say no to standard jewelry because they are non-allergenic and they are also sterile if you purchase them from the piercing shop.
42. Canine bites and a septum piercing
Canine bites don’t look good on anyone. If you are new to piercings, don’t try to get four piercings at once. The entire experience will be too painful and you will not one another piercing in your life. That would be a shame because piercings are really great!
43. Plump lips and double snake bites
Don’t you think her lips look thicker than they really are thanks to her lip piercings?
44. Tip of the tongue pierced
For a truly genuine snake look, try this idea!
45. Emphasizing your lips
A way to emphasize your lips is to add a few piercings in it. So, why not snake bites? Your lips will look more appealing and kissable! Guys and girls will be curious how they feel during kissing, so here’s your pickup line!
46. Not an innocent look
If you’re going for an innocent look or you want to keep your innocent look, then don’t do snake bites!
47. Anything but innocent
This guy will break hearts and it might not be only because of his rad face accessories. However, they will definitely have a contribution!
48. Snake bites in the lip
Typically, snake bite piercings are positioned below the lower lip. The way this girl has them involves a more complicated procedure.
49. Snake bites and no eyebrows
Snake bites are the types of piercings that promote alternative styles. It’s true that the first you notice at this girl is that she doesn’t have any eyebrows, but then you see her piercings and understand it all.
50. Crystal beads for lips
Girlie girls might like jewelry with crystals. She looks more feminine than other girls thanks to her choice in jewelry.
51. Snake fangs and a Crawford piercing
Again, as I mentioned before, if you don’t want similar piercings on each side of your face, then you can go ahead and combine them unevenly. They will still look awesome!
52. Lower lip piercings for rasta styles
This is the third distinct style that can be combined with lower lip piercings. What do you think? Coquette and wild at the same time?
53. Piercings don’t make your tough
Posing as a tough guy could be an influence for others and they might associate piercings with toughness. That isn’t the case, I assure you.
54. Nerdy guy sporting piercings
If three examples weren’t enough, here’s another one! Nerdy and tattooed is not a complete image unless it is spiced up with a few facial piercings.
55. Spirituality and acupuncture in one
Some individuals believe in the power of acupuncture. For some reason, I think this guy believes too. There is something about his look that makes me think that. Piercings are considered a sort of acupuncture.
56. Horseshoe rings for the lip
Simple horseshoe rings for the lip are comfortable to wear and nice-looking as well! Give them a try!
57. Jewelry and pink lips
For a girl who has so much color on her face and in her hair, I find it atypical how she is not wearing colored beads. However, that pink lipstick is difficult to combine with another color that might be just as bright. Her hair isn’t helping with that either.
Since snake bite piercings involve not one, but two holes in your lower lip, prices will be higher. Usually, piercing parlors have special prices for special types of piercings. They will not simply charge you with the money you usually pay for two regular lip piercings. They will charge you between $80 and $120. This sum of money includes the standard jewelry, which is great because it’s sterile and non-allergenic. Remember that you can change it when your flesh is healed, so don’t worry! Jewelry price depends on your taste, so I can’t tell how much that will cost, but prices start from $3 on multiple online shops dedicated to body jewelry. Happy piercing!