The septum piercing is definitely having a moment and this didn’t start now, but last year. Rihanna and Lady Gaga were seen sporting such type of piercing, so if you want to get in line with the celebrities, here are 90 designs among which you’ll definitely find one that suits you!
What do you need to know about septum piercings? Well, for starters, no one will actually pierce the cartilage that separates your two nostrils. There is a thin layer of skin between the cartilage and the bottom of your nose. That’s the one that gets pierced and is able to support a jewel.
Will it hurt? Yes, it will pinch a little and you will probably shed a tear or two because of all nerve endings connected to your eyes. However, you’ll be fine after a couple of minutes and completely pain free after 2 or 3 weeks. It will take longer for your new piercing to fully heal. Specialists urge you to care for your piercing for 6 months until the hole is formed and all the tissue becomes intact.
A septum piercing is incredibly versatile. You can make a statement by wearing it or hide it whenever necessary. Since the area that actually gets pierced is not exposed, you will not suffer the trauma of getting scarred. I can’t see any downside to this type of piercing, so let’s take a look at gorgeous chicks wearing one!
90 Septum Piercing Designs To Get In Line With Celebrities
- 1 90 Septum Piercing Designs To Get In Line With Celebrities
- 2 1. Cleopatra look with classic jewel
- 3 2. Jeweled bead on a nose ring
- 4 3. Meet the tribal septum ring
- 5 4. The golden horseshoe ring for septum
- 6 5. Horseshoe septum jewel with tiny beads
- 7 6. Natural beauty enhanced with a nose ring
- 8 7. Pointy extravaganza for your nose
- 9 8. Wear a princess’s crown in your nose
- 10 9. Princess crowns for princess noses
- 11 10. Septum clicker with tiny stones
- 12 11. Septum jewel with blue beads
- 13 12. The silver horseshoe ring
- 14 13. Flat tribal jewel design
- 15 14. A classy septum retainer
- 16 15. Medium-sized black horseshoe ring
- 17 16. Small-sized jewel shaped like a horseshoe
- 18 17. Thin ring with enclosed bead for septum
- 19 18. Golden accessory for your nose
- 20 19. Clicker septum ring with tiny beads
- 21 20. Stay natural with a septum jewel on
- 22 21. Less decorative design for simplicity
- 23 22. The big gold trend
- 24 23. Jewelry maintenance after makeup
- 25 24. Solid gold nose jewel
- 26 25. Silver flower nose ring for septum
- 27 26. Golden pearl septum piercing
- 28 27. A ring of golden pearls
- 29 28. The silver infinity ring
- 30 29. Rihanna and her faux nose ring
- 31 30. Septum jewel matches nostril jewel
- 32 31. Diadem gem for punk-rock girl
- 33 32. Geometric ring for nasal septum
- 34 33. Aztec septum design in gold
- 35 34. Decorative teardrop jewel for your nose
- 36 35. Indian princess with large jewel
- 37 36. Small infinity ring
- 38 37. Pinup girl sporting a captive bead ring
- 39 38. Horseshoe ring in combo with 4 other piercings
- 40 39. Perfectly fitted accessory
- 41 40. The Pinterest generation with piercings
- 42 41. Combos that flatter lips
- 43 42. Redheaded Indian princess
- 44 43. Shiny stones and pretty flowers as piercings
- 45 44. Adventurous and wild through simplicity
- 46 45. Moon crystals ring for septum
- 47 46. A flashy jewel for nose
- 48 47. Looking like a witch
- 49 48. A doll with face piercings
- 50 49. Horseshoe ring for round faces
- 51 50. Infinity rings for oval faces
- 52 51. Atypical look with septum rings
- 53 52. Beaded ring for a clean look
- 54 53. Playing with geometrical shapes
- 55 54. Simple and elegant look
- 56 55. White accessory for your septum
- 57 56. Wide horseshoe ring and a tiny dot
- 58 57. Thick infinity ring for long nose
- 59 58. Rasta chick with passion for piercings
- 60 59. Rihanna’s statement nose ring
- 61 60. Narrow ring for narrow noses
- 62 61. Not wide or narrow
- 63 62. Infinity ring that stands out
- 64 63. Perfect look complimented by a piercing
- 65 64. Freckles and nose jewels
- 66 65. Gothic attitude and piercings
- 67 66. Youngsters sporting nose rings
- 68 67. Perfectly centered face with piercings
- 69 68. Style upgrade with an Indian princess look
- 70 69. Pastel hair and septum piercing
- 71 70. Innocent girl look with flat bead
- 72 71. Innocent girl part two
- 73 72. Crystal hinged septum clicker
- 74 73. Alternative style with septum clickers
- 75 74. Sporty style with a golden accessory
- 76 75. Jeweled and beaded nose accessory
- 77 76. Silver helps you sparkle
- 78 77. Black infinity ring
- 79 78. From small to large
- 80 79. Double the fun with a double septum ring
- 81 80. Horseshoe ring worn asymmetrical
- 82 81. Adorable romantic look
- 83 82. Discreet nose accessory
- 84 83. Can’t go wrong with a beaded jewel
- 85 84. Natural looking septum piercing
- 86 85. Alternative nation rocking piercings
- 87 86. Dark princess look with horseshoe ring
- 88 87. The green and black combination
- 89 88. The green, black and silver combination
- 90 89. The white and silver combination
- 91 90. A discreet as possible
1. Cleopatra look with classic jewel
The variety of septum jewelry is overwhelming, so prepare to see lots of designs!
2. Jeweled bead on a nose ring
While the shape of the nose ring stays the same, the afferent bead and color may change according to style.
3. Meet the tribal septum ring
Every type of septum piercing jewelry is named differently. This one is called tribal septum ring.
4. The golden horseshoe ring for septum
Generally speaking, horseshoe rings are suited for multiple body parts, not only for the septum.
5. Horseshoe septum jewel with tiny beads
As an alternative to the previous example, this woman is sporting much smaller beads. Their style is similar though.
6. Natural beauty enhanced with a nose ring
Getting a septum piercing can enhance your natural beauty. This girl is a perfect example in this regard.
7. Pointy extravaganza for your nose
Faux jewelry is available both online and in stores. This one looks like a faux piercing, but it features all the advantages of a real one.
8. Wear a princess’s crown in your nose
If you ask me, this jewel design looks like a princess’s crown. Placed upside down, it embellishes the septum in a very elegant manner.
9. Princess crowns for princess noses
There is a princess inside every one of us, so you might secretly want this design for your nose!
10. Septum clicker with tiny stones
You can go from paying $1 to hundreds of dollars for a septum jewelry. This particular one looks expensive to me thanks to the precious stones and the golden color, which may indicate actual gold.
11. Septum jewel with blue beads
Depending on the size and shape of your nose, you can opt for more elaborate jewels like this one.
12. The silver horseshoe ring
This is probably the most classic type of piercing ring for your septum. Most salons will have this design available anytime and recommend it too.
13. Flat tribal jewel design
The position of a septum piercing favors flat designs too. This one is of tribal nature and of medium size.
14. A classy septum retainer
The type of jewelry this gorgeous babe is wearing is called septum retainer. Basically, it is meant to keep the hole from closing and it can be hidden without causing inconveniences.
15. Medium-sized black horseshoe ring
Some of the most nonconformist girls choose medium or large sized horseshoe rings that are black. They are counting on the contrast created by such dark color.
16. Small-sized jewel shaped like a horseshoe
If you are pale, picking a smaller black jewel will have the same effect.
17. Thin ring with enclosed bead for septum
Everything looks so good about this girl, isn’t it? Her choice in nose ring rules because it perfectly frames her face!
18. Golden accessory for your nose
Golden is preferred by celebrities right now, as well as the infinity ring and a few other designs too.
19. Clicker septum ring with tiny beads
The clicker septum ring is a convenient type of jewelry for a septum piercing because it is easy to insert and take out. Those that have beads might require more skill than these ones.
20. Stay natural with a septum jewel on
Makeup doesn’t affect the septum piercing because it doesn’t reach it. So, you’re free to wear or not wear makeup with this awesome piercing type.
21. Less decorative design for simplicity
Are you the type of girl that likes simple things? If so, this type of jewelry is for you!
22. The big gold trend
Gold is a big trend these days among celebrities and regular people as well. Don’t miss any chance to be fashionable if that’s what you wish for!
23. Jewelry maintenance after makeup
As you can see, this girl didn’t clean her upper lip piercing after she did her makeup. This is definitely unhealthy if the piercing is not healed and unaesthetic even if it is healed. Septum piercings have the advantage of getting away less smeared.
24. Solid gold nose jewel
If you like gold and you’re not exactly rich enough to get genuine gold, then you don’t have to worry because there are imitations everywhere!
25. Silver flower nose ring for septum
Flowers, butterflies and rubies fit nicely with the shape of one’s nose. That’s why they are popular designs among septum jewelry.
26. Golden pearl septum piercing
Pearls are classic accessories for classy women. Their shape is now incorporated in nose jewelry for diversity and class.
27. A ring of golden pearls
What’s on the outside of the nose looks like a pearl ring. However, things are different on the inside.
28. The silver infinity ring
Celebrities like her made the infinity ring popular. What’s so appealing about this jewel is the fact that it looks like a perfect circle that has no beginning and no end. Cool, huh?
29. Rihanna and her faux nose ring
As far as news go, Rihanna’s septum piercing is not real. However, she chose an incredibly good looking faux design that compliments her nose and lips shape.
30. Septum jewel matches nostril jewel
If you’re not new to the piercing world, then you probably have other nose piercings and you’re wondering if a septum piercing would match the other ones. The answer is, yes!
31. Diadem gem for punk-rock girl
As I was previously saying, this type of piercing is versatile. You can wear it if you’re style is punk-rock or if you are a classy, elegant woman as well. I’m not saying punk-rock chicks aren’t classy. They are, just in a different way.
32. Geometric ring for nasal septum
Those jewelry that are shaped like geometrical shapes are a hit too! Just look how discreetly this triangle is pointing towards the upper lip piercing!
33. Aztec septum design in gold
While you might find it difficult to tell which piercing is tribal and which is Aztec, all you need to remember is the one you like!
34. Decorative teardrop jewel for your nose
This closeup image shows in detail a decorative jewel and how it fits to a woman’s nose.
35. Indian princess with large jewel
You’ll often find this shape of jewelry referred to as Indian. However, not many girls are daring enough to wear such a large piece. Like or not?
36. Small infinity ring
For the sake of contrast, here is a small jewel that has no kind of decorations. Which will it be? The large Indian styled or this small circle?
37. Pinup girl sporting a captive bead ring
Adding the pinup style to the list, we encounter a fairly large captive bead ring as septum piercing. I think it matches her lip jewel, so I give it a big up!
38. Horseshoe ring in combo with 4 other piercings
Snakebites and nostril piercings aren’t too much in combination with a septum one!
- 90+ Classical and Wackier Industrial Piercing Ideas
- 90 Flattering Double Nose Piercings for All Face Types
- 88 Unusual and Really Cool Eyebrow Piercing Styles and Jewelry
39. Perfectly fitted accessory
Each person has different nose size and shape. That’s why, it’s important to find a jewel that fits. There are no standard diameters in jewels.
40. The Pinterest generation with piercings
If you are a person who spends time online, you surely know that this girl’s style is trendy. If she’s got a nasal septum hole, then its popularity isn’t questionable anymore.
41. Combos that flatter lips
If you’re getting a nose piercing or a lip piercing, you’re automatically attracting attention to those areas. Piercings are a nice trick to emphasize your best features.
42. Redheaded Indian princess
The Indian culture is fascinating. One argument in that regard is that some of its elements ended up as nose jewelry.
43. Shiny stones and pretty flowers as piercings
First of all, any type of piercing looks amazing if it is clean and properly healed. Second of all, choosing a clean cut jewelry that shines will make it even more appealing.
44. Adventurous and wild through simplicity
Flawless looks might not be your thing, so here’s a woman who ventured herself to getting pierced, but maintained her wild style.
45. Moon crystals ring for septum
Regardless how you call them, these designs are more or less attractive depending on your personal preferences.
46. A flashy jewel for nose
When a septum piercing is the only piercing you have on your face, you can go big and opt for a medium or large sized jewel.
47. Looking like a witch
A witch is even more intriguing if she is wearing a nasal piercing, isn’t it? In fact, this statement could apply to any girl.
48. A doll with face piercings
Once again, the septum piercing contributes to the creation of another type of look, namely the doll look.
49. Horseshoe ring for round faces
The horseshoe ring is a good choice for both oval and round faces. It has the advantage of creating an optical illusion that elongates your face.
50. Infinity rings for oval faces
Infinity rings are recommended for oval faces. As you can see, they don’t have a similar effect to the horseshoe rings. This chick looks awesome with infinity rings on because her face is oval.
51. Atypical look with septum rings
Some makeup and a fitted nose ring may change your look in an instant!
52. Beaded ring for a clean look
A few beads attached to a nose ring are just right. The obtained look is clean and interesting at the same time.
53. Playing with geometrical shapes
Your face, eyes, nose and lips can be narrowed down to geometrical shapes. You can experiment with jewels shaped like geometry figures in order to obtain the most flattering result.
54. Simple and elegant look
A simple and elegant look might be harder to achieve than you think! Especially if you have a nostril piercing as well, you might draw attention in two places rather than one. Opting for a tiny nostril piercing and a shiny septum piercing is a successful recipe.
55. White accessory for your septum
There isn’t a huge difference between white and silver piercings. However, the material they’re made of is important. For starters, you shouldn’t wear anything else but surgical steel or gold if you know for sure that you’re not allergic to it. A professional piercer will probably not recommend gold as the best metal to wear in a fresh wound.
56. Wide horseshoe ring and a tiny dot
A wide horseshoe ring is easier to handle, especially during the healing period. Cleaning it with saline solution to prevent scratches is advisable. The nostril dot makes the septum piercing stand out more.
57. Thick infinity ring for long nose
Proportion and design are important factors to consider when picking a jewel and a spot to pierce. That way you will feel more confident and sexier when the job is done.
58. Rasta chick with passion for piercings
Glasses, dreads and a multitude of piercing types can go well together if you do it tastefully. This chick managed to find a combination that looks truly good, without making her face too crowded.
59. Rihanna’s statement nose ring
Large and highly decorative jewels are considered statement jewels. Rihanna is known for always bringing something new to her looks. If you like her style, you can adapt it to your own style.
60. Narrow ring for narrow noses
In contrast with the wide horseshoe ring, this one is a narrow horseshoe ring. It has the same shape, but it fits one’s nose differently. This is a celebrity look that you should take into consideration. Why? She is the living proof that positive feedback is guaranteed! In case you didn’t recognize her, this is Scarlett Johansson we’re talking about!
61. Not wide or narrow
This piercing design is not wide, nor narrow. It’s in between.
62. Infinity ring that stands out
This infinity ring is supposed to stand out. You don’t have to always get what fits perfectly to your face if you want to flaunt it like she does. That lipstick color draws attention to that part of her face anyhow.
63. Perfect look complimented by a piercing
The truth is that you don’t need a septum piercing, unless you want it. You can look perfect without it, like this woman would. Even so, it’s a nice addition to a beautiful face.
64. Freckles and nose jewels
This is how a septum horseshoe ring looks like on a face that isn’t covered with makeup. Are freckles and nose jewels a good combination? Definitely yes!
65. Gothic attitude and piercings
Gothic girls sport more piercing than princess type girls. They have a tougher attitude, but they are sweet at the same time. This look can be achieved with several face piercings.
66. Youngsters sporting nose rings
Youngsters like to add a piercing or two to their bodies too. Septum piercings are a good idea because they’re hip, leave no marks and they may be hidden from teachers too!
67. Perfectly centered face with piercings
This cute girl created a straight line on her face with the help of piercings. She has perfectly outlined the center of her face and the result is awesome without a doubt!
68. Style upgrade with an Indian princess look
The femininity and appeal of Indian women is considered interesting by females from other cultures. That’s why some of them like to add bits of it to their looks. You can find this piercing design in the faux version as well.
69. Pastel hair and septum piercing
This girl is on fire! She is very fashionable since she is displaying pastel hair and a septum piercing, both of which are trends as we speak.
70. Innocent girl look with flat bead
Shy and innocent-looking girls can pull off a piercing in their nasal septum too!
71. Innocent girl part two
It appears that bangs aren’t a bad idea for girls with a ring in their septum.
72. Crystal hinged septum clicker
Add a bit of sparkle to your everyday look by choosing a crystal hinged septum clicker.
73. Alternative style with septum clickers
This chick shows off her piercings and tattoos in a selfie from which we have a lot to learn. Her personality is easy to read thanks to these body modifications. You can do the same if you want to speak to people without actually talking.
74. Sporty style with a golden accessory
Sporty women are in luck too! Featuring s design for goddesses, her nose ring flatters her!
75. Jeweled and beaded nose accessory
The so called rose gold is also a hit! It blends nicely with the natural skin color.
76. Silver helps you sparkle
Gold is the color of gods, but isn’t silver sparkly? I love the combination she chose for her style.
77. Black infinity ring
Since you haven’t seen a black infinity ring until now, here’s a slightly over-sized one!
78. From small to large
Small septum ring and huge earrings! She has a strong personality for sure!
79. Double the fun with a double septum ring
Double and triple septum rings are a thing too! Don’t worry, you don’t need two holes to wear such jewel!
80. Horseshoe ring worn asymmetrical
Your septum piercing will not always stay perfectly in place. This doesn’t mean you will not look flawless.
81. Adorable romantic look
If romantic, sweet and adorable is what you’re aiming for, this piercing design can help you achieve it!
82. Discreet nose accessory
Your nose accessory doesn’t have to be pompous. This is an example of a discreet type.
83. Can’t go wrong with a beaded jewel
The beaded jewel is not something you can go wrong with. It is feminine and has the power to make any look complete.
84. Natural looking septum piercing
If done right, this piercing can look like it belongs.
85. Alternative nation rocking piercings
Rebel, young, classy or romantic, you can rock this piercing style!
86. Dark princess look with horseshoe ring
Now that you’re familiar with the Indian princess look, here is the dark princess look.
87. The green and black combination
Matching the color of your glasses with the color of your face jewelry is always a good idea!
88. The green, black and silver combination
Although the previous combination is successful, you can diversify by adding a few silvery beads as well.
89. The white and silver combination
Since white and silver are complementary colors, they always look good together.
90. A discreet as possible
This septum retainer confers the most discreet look you can achieve with a septum piercing. If you think you’re tired of it, give it more time with a retainer ring.
Don’t rush into picking jewelry just now! After you’ve properly researched a professional piercer, expect a fee that ranges between $40 and $90. There are few salons that only ask for $30 for a septum piercing. They don’t include a jewel though. Getting a stainless steel jewel from a salon that was sanitized is best for when you actually get pierced. Ideally, this one should be shaped like a horseshoe because it helps with the healing process. Happy piercing!