When it comes to nose piercing, you can rely on the ol’ nostril piercing, but you must know that your options are wider. Besides the septum piercing and the high nostril piercing, there are many other types of piercings in the nose area. If you read further, you’re in for a treat! I’ll tell you all about the rhino piercing and the Nasallang piercing. Don’t expect comforting though, because the truth is, pain is included! Furthermore, some of these types of nose piercings take a long time to heal and some never truly do.
Don’t be discouraged, now! You might be among the lucky people who get pierced and healed in no time! In order to ensure a fast healing process you should avoid jewelry that’s not made of titanium or surgical steel. Not even plastic or silicone is recommended, so make sure you gather enough patience for this body modification. Other than that, piercing your nose will change your look for the better. One or more nose piercings look cool and draw attention to the center of your face. Let’s see some pictures and solve their mysteries!
1. Blonde chick shows her double pierced nose
- 1 1. Blonde chick shows her double pierced nose
- 2 2. Circular barbell and a captive bead ring
- 3 3. The captive ring with decorations
- 4 4. Perfectly healed septum piercing
- 5 5. Nostril decorated with a captive bead ring
- 6 6. Double the fun with symmetrical nostril piercings
- 7 7. Bridge and septum piercings on a cool guy
- 8 8. Lenny Kravitz and his nostril piercings
- 9 9. A heavily pierced girl
- 10 10. A simple and tasteful option
- 11 11. She smiles with her nose too
- 12 12. Go big for a guaranteed effect
- 13 13. A bridge and two Nasallang piercings
- 14 14. Lower bridge piercing style
- 15 15. Typical bridge and septum additions
- 16 16. Rihanna wears a septum piercing too
- 17 17. Black jewel for nose piercing
- 18 18. Captive bead ring as a popular choice
- 19 19. Vertical bridge and other wonderful accessories
- 20 20. Thinking about getting more?
- 21 21. Septum piercings work for classical beauties
- 22 22. Double nostril studs
- 23 23. Double the trouble
- 24 24. The perfect arrangement
- 25 25. Commitment to beauty
- 26 26. Piercings instead of Bindi
- 27 27. Double nose rings
- 28 28. Black and white
- 29 29. Nostril curves decorated with two rings
- 30 30. Thin and thick nose jewelry
- 31 31. Matching lip and nose piercings
- 32 32. Nasallang example with circular ring
- 33 33. When symmetry is everything
- 34 34. Symmetry created with piercings
- 35 35. The beauty of diversity
- 36 36. Three rings in a row
- 37 37. A style that is wild
- 38 38. Ways to look different
- 39 39. Nose rings work best for this white-haired beauty
- 40 40. Pierced in all the right places
- 41 41. The upper nostril and septum combo
- 42 42. A more sparkly combo
- 43 43. Flat nose studs and thick nose rings
- 44 44. Does tiny work for you?
- 45 45. Piercing retainer for fashion
- 46 46. A true fan of body modifications
- 47 47. Jeweled nose studs and rings
- 48 48. Piercings go well with freckles
- 49 49. Another successful combo
- 50 50. The big golden septum ring
- 51 51. Ring and stud in each nostril
- 52 52. The crescent or the pincher
- 53 53. Doll face look with silvery jewelry
- 54 54. Piercings proportional with body parts
- 55 55. Tiny nose piercing for a businessman
- 56 56. Listen to the guy with pierced nostril
- 57 57. An oversized themed nose ring
- 58 58. Thick ring for nostrils
- 59 59. A match for the “bling bling”
- 60 60. Double ouch for the nostril
- 61 61. Double nose studs embellish the nostril
- 62 62. Flat L-shaped nose pins
- 63 63. Jeweled stone on a captive bead ring
- 64 64. Close-Up of two nose rings
- 65 65. The ring without a bead
This chick experienced 2 of the less painful nose piercings, namely the nostril piercing and the septum piercing.
2. Circular barbell and a captive bead ring
While you can wear a wide number of different jewelry on your nostril, your options aren’t as wide for the septum piercing.
3. The captive ring with decorations
In case you’re getting a septum piercing these days, then you must have a jewel like the one above! These are very fashionable right now and when I say fashionable, I mean red carpet style!
4. Perfectly healed septum piercing
Septum piercings require a lot of care and they often stay inflamed for a short while. However, this is how they look when they are completely healed. Awesome!
5. Nostril decorated with a captive bead ring
Captive bead rings are ideal for the healing period of a piercing because they can be rotated during the cleaning process.
6. Double the fun with symmetrical nostril piercings
Medically speaking, women should get their left nostril pierced in order to enjoy certain benefits. This woman got both and she looks great!
7. Bridge and septum piercings on a cool guy
Regardless of how hard would be for you to admit it, especially if you are a guy, this dude right here looks really cool. He is sporting a bridge and a septum piercing. The septum piercing is large-gauged, so he has guts too! Once you stretch the septum, it doesn’t go back to its initial size.
8. Lenny Kravitz and his nostril piercings
Celebrities get pierced too. Do you like his look?
9. A heavily pierced girl
Here we’re dealing with a heavily pierced girl who opted for nostril rings and a bridge piercing. She is obviously no stranger to pain, but you should know that bridge piercings hurt and they might get rejected by your body.
10. A simple and tasteful option
If you already have face piercings, it would probably be wise to opt for a simple nostril ring to avoid crowding it.
11. She smiles with her nose too
There is something about oral and nose piercings that make one’s smile more fascinating, don’t you think?
12. Go big for a guaranteed effect
When a septum piercing is the only piercing on your face, then you can wear a bigger ring for a heightened effect.
13. A bridge and two Nasallang piercings
I guess now is the time to tell you about the Nasallang piercings. Well, simply put, they go through your nose, piercing it more than 2 times. The end result is like piercing your nostrils separately, but it’s actually just one long, straight barbell inside.
14. Lower bridge piercing style
The bridge piercing is characterized by a hole in the skin between your eyes. However, it can also be placed lower like in the image above.
15. Typical bridge and septum additions
This is how a typical bridge piercing looks like. To maintain the same direction, this person inserted a ring in his septum as well.
16. Rihanna wears a septum piercing too
As I mentioned before, septum piercings are en vogue right now. If you want to be trendy and keep up with the stars, then you should pierce yourself soon!
17. Black jewel for nose piercing
As you probably already know by now, nose jewelry is available in every color you can possibly imagine.
18. Captive bead ring as a popular choice
Besides the nostril screw and the L-shaped nose pin, the captive bead ring is a popular choice for this type of piercing.
19. Vertical bridge and other wonderful accessories
An alternative to the classical bridge nose piercing is the vertical one. In addition, this girl has a double nostril piercing and a symmetrical one. So many piercings require dedication and she’s got it!
20. Thinking about getting more?
If some of you already had your noses pierced, then you can find inspiration on adding a few more!
21. Septum piercings work for classical beauties
You might find nostril piercings to be more fitted for classical beauties, but if you look at this woman, you’ll notice that she looks just as beautiful with a septum piercing.
22. Double nostril studs
If you like this look, you can obtain it with a couple of nostril studs, nostril screws or L-shaped pins. The circular ones aren’t recommended for both.
23. Double the trouble
Who said you have to get one of each? Two of the same looks great, don’t you think?
24. The perfect arrangement
If you are generally a piercing enthusiast, then you won’t settle for one nose piercing. This chick found the perfect arrangement for her face. Do you find it inspiring?
25. Commitment to beauty
Beauty is relative and everybody sees it differently. Considering that this beautiful girl has stretched her septum to wear a thicker ring, it is safe to say that she made a commitment to herself and expressing her true passions.
26. Piercings instead of Bindi
In the Indian culture, Bindi is the red dot you see on women’s foreheads. Judging by this woman’s overall style and the way she placed the vertical bridge, she was going for the Bindi look. Superb!
27. Double nose rings
Nose piercing is a fun job that gives you numerous options to work with.
28. Black and white
While some people are trying to match the color of their piercing jewelry, this chick wears a silver ring and a black ring on opposite sides of her nose.
29. Nostril curves decorated with two rings
Your nostrils deserve some love, so don’t hesitate to decorate them with jewelry if that’s what you like!
30. Thin and thick nose jewelry
The gauge of a septum piercing shouldn’t be thinner than 16. Less than that is considered simply too small. You can begin with a 16 gauge and then stretch it later on.
31. Matching lip and nose piercings
The bright side about jewelry diversity is that you can find all sorts of tops that match, like this chick did!
32. Nasallang example with circular ring
I know I said that Nasallang piercings typically involve a long, straight barbell, but if your holes are healed, you could wear a big ring too.
33. When symmetry is everything
If symmetry means a lot to you, this girl’s style can be a source of inspiration.
34. Symmetry created with piercings
Our faces aren’t perfectly symmetrical, but a nose piercing on each sides of your nose can definitely help with that!
35. The beauty of diversity
All kinds of diversities are beautiful, including those about style, piercing shape and location. Her hippie look doesn’t really match her septum piercing, but maybe both styles define her.
36. Three rings in a row
Isn’t it amazing how you can use different sized rings and place them in your septum? The rings are thin enough to fit comfortably and the visual effect is quite impressive.
37. A style that is wild
Getting a nose piercing cannot be characterized as a wild action. However, when I look at this dude, all I think about is untamed wildness.
38. Ways to look different
Piercings are sometimes the only details that differentiate us from others, physically speaking. Some of us feel the need to express their true selves in the way they look. This man did so with his hair, ear piercings, nose piercings and lip piercings. I admire his creativity and his courage to sport a different look that might create controversy.
39. Nose rings work best for this white-haired beauty
The nose stud/nose ring ratio doesn’t always have to be the same. Looks like no studs are allowed in this nose rings trio!
40. Pierced in all the right places
By the looks of it, upper nostril piercings are a good match with lip piercings. No piercing is too much for this gothic babe. I like her style because she obviously doesn’t care what people think.
41. The upper nostril and septum combo
You have seen enough examples by now to know that this particular combo is very popular and that it looks really good on both men and women. The choice in jewelry is totally up to you!
42. A more sparkly combo
As I was saying, you can choose jewelry that fits your style. This guy for example likes more sparkly stuff and ornamental septum rings. I think it’s nice to see a man preoccupied with his appearance, isn’t it?
43. Flat nose studs and thick nose rings
Not all body modifications are permanent, but sadly if you stretch your septum, it will stay like that. There is no going back, so think twice before you opt for large gauge nose rings.
44. Does tiny work for you?
I was just saying that a stretched septum stays stretched, but this doesn’t mean that you have to wear tiny jewelry like this girl either! She looks neat anyway!
45. Piercing retainer for fashion
What this girl is wearing in her septum is called a piercing retainer. This one is meant to be hidden without having to take it off. It is especially made for those occasions when you simply can’t display it. However, she seems to wear it for fashion. I guess it works that way too!
46. A true fan of body modifications
I can’t talk about a tiny nose piercing anymore when I see this true fan of body modifications. If she doesn’t already have one of each, she will certainly get it!
47. Jeweled nose studs and rings
If you are more girly than you are rebellious, then you can safely opt for jeweled nose studs and rings like this chick did.
48. Piercings go well with freckles
If you were wondering how a pierced nose looks like on a girl with freckles, now you know!
49. Another successful combo
If you look at tens of pictures with nose piercings, some of the combos will become extremely familiar. That’s why I call this combo a successful one. Since many chose it, then it has success, right?
50. The big golden septum ring
One large jewel is enough to draw all the attention you need. She is wearing other accessories as well, but her nose piece is the center piece.
51. Ring and stud in each nostril
I have to admit that wearing this combo is part of the natural tendencies. I had the same types of nose piercing back when I kept both. Now I’m just wearing the ring in one nostril and nothing in the other.
52. The crescent or the pincher
What this girl is wearing is called a crescent or a pincher. It is just another type of jewel that you can stick through your septum.
53. Doll face look with silvery jewelry
Wearing silvery jewelry doesn’t make you look like a doll, but they might as well do, so don’t hesitate to try them!
54. Piercings proportional with body parts
If the jewel you pick is too small, it will be hard to notice. If it is too big, then it will be considered a sort of statement. Choose your destiny!
55. Tiny nose piercing for a businessman
Certain working environments don’t allow face or ear piercings. So, this guy must be one of the lucky ones!
56. Listen to the guy with pierced nostril
This guy’s nose piercing has nothing to do with his attitude.
57. An oversized themed nose ring
Cultural legacy or just a role, this guy’s oversized piercing matches is outfit perfectly.
58. Thick ring for nostrils
Did you know that long time ago, certain women from India used to stretch their nostrils because they didn’t want to be attractive? Men from other tribes were not supposed to like them, so they did what they could to look less good. This guy’s nostril is not stretched at all compared to what those women did.
59. A match for the “bling bling”
Multiple types of people fancy nose piercings, so it’s impossible for all of them to make the same choices. The shiny, “bling bling” style is also fashionable!
60. Double ouch for the nostril
If done right, the nostril piercing doesn’t hurt that much. You might cry a little because of all the nerve endings from your nose, but other than that everything should be a breeze. However, don’t pierce your nose twice at the same time. I think it’s best to wait for the first one to be healed and then deal with the second one.
61. Double nose studs embellish the nostril
This is how 2 nose studs look next to each other in one nostril.
62. Flat L-shaped nose pins
Your desire to keep things simple is totally understandable. That’s why manufacturers came up with the idea of making flat, L-shaped nose pins. Her eyes are too beautiful for her to draw attention to her nose first!
63. Jeweled stone on a captive bead ring
Some beads are simple; some are jeweled. As soon as your nose heals, you can change the jewel as often as you like, depending on your mood, your options, where you’re going and so on. Rings without beads are easier to change, but with a little exercise, you’ll end up changing all without difficulties.
64. Close-Up of two nose rings
Photoshopped or not, this image of close-up nose rings is very appealing!
65. The ring without a bead
This nose ring may or may not have a bead. It could be hidden inside her nose or have none. That’s interesting!
If you’re ready to pick up the phone and make an appointment, check your wallet first! Most piercing shops don’t include jewelry in their prices, so expect to pay around $30 for a simple nostril piercing if you buy the jewel from somewhere else. If not, salons put a few options at your disposal, which cost between $10 and $45. Prices go up as you move on to more complicated nose piercing types, up to $100 without jewelry. Numerous piercing shops sell jewelry made of gold and scattered with diamonds, which can be really expensive. However, they also sell affordable jewelry. Don’t forget to save around $10 for aftercare products that you’ll need!