Lip frenulum piercings together with web piercings and other types of oral piercings are subtle and sophisticated. While some of them are easily seen when you smile or laugh, the other ones can be shown by choice. The element of surprise and the playfulness of oral piercings are mostly appreciated by the youngsters, but a smiley would look great on anyone! If you want to pierce your tongue or add more interesting piercings inside your mouth, you will definitely find inspiration below!
The pain factor
- 1 The pain factor
- 2 The cleaning routine
- 3 1. Lip frenulum piercings or smiley piercings
- 4 2. Skulls as double tongue piercings
- 5 3. Taste the rainbow literally
- 6 4. Thick horseshoe ring for thick frenulum
- 7 5. Seductive smile with purple beads
- 8 6. Curved barbell for under your tongue
- 9 7. Making funny faces to show off
- 10 8. Rock that badass grim
- 11 9. Tongue web decorated with a horseshoe ring
- 12 10. Find the perfect angle
- 13 11. Lip frenulum piercings touch your teeth
- 14 12. Glossy lips for shiny teeth and beads
- 15 13. Creating symmetry in the tongue’s web
- 16 14. Another reason to open wide
- 17 15. Ring without beads for frenulum
- 18 16. Avoid teeth problems with a curved barbell
- 19 17. Short barbell for tongue’s web
- 20 18. Braces and oral piercings are a match
- 21 19. Adorable captive bead rings for guys
- 22 20. Make that tongue frenulum pretty
- 23 21. Cool horseshoe design for web piercings
- 24 22. The risk of migration is real
- 25 23. Large gauge ring for inside the lip
- 26 24. The smiley matches red lips
- 27 25. Create black and white contrast with black jewelry
- 28 26. Black and thick horseshoe ring
- 29 27. Accommodate a golden ring under your tongue
- 30 28. Don’t let blood scare you
- 31 29. A classic tongue piercing
- 32 30. Spikes with no sharpness
- 33 31. A tiny scrumper jewel
- 34 32. Different colored beads every day
- 35 33. Rainbow in a flat bead
- 36 34. Let the skull sink in
- 37 35. The perfect placement is possible
- 38 36. Flat beads are comfortable too
- 39 37. Inflamed frown and tongue frenulum examples
- 40 38. Straight barbell in the lower lip frenulum
- 41 39. The element of surprise
- 42 40. A good laugh is beautiful
- 43 41. You don’t need perfect teeth
- 44 42. Dental implant and a smiley
- 45 43. The upper lip and tongue frenulum piercings combo
- 46 44. Showing the essentials only
- 47 45. A healthy tongue piercing
- 48 46. Glossy lips and a tongue piercing
- 49 47. When makeup is allowed
- 50 48. Curved barbell from surgical steel
- 51 49. Oral piercings at their best
- 52 50. The movement of the lips
- 53 51. A half oral piercing style
- 54 52. Large beads in the center of attention
- 55 53. Double tongue piercing featuring large beads
- 56 54. A happy pierced person
- 57 55. Oral piercings tend to make you smile
- 58 56. Different sized beads for your mouth
- 59 57. An ingenious arrangement of jewelry
- 60 58. Curved barbell rests on your gums
- 61 59. Rely on an everyday hoop
- 62 60. Reveal your tongue piercing anytime
- 63 61. Prepare for a sexy photo shoot
- 64 62. The tongue piercing as alternative
- 65 63. Four are too many
- 66 64. The gum piercings of the future
- 67 65. Where is that fellow hiding
- 68 66. Jeweled beads for the smiley
- 69 67. The most popular combo
- 70 68. Over sized under lip jewel
- 71 69. Blue looks good too
- 72 70. Small for comfort
- 73 71. Don’t improvise jewelry
- 74 72. Plastic beads for fun
- 75 73. Switching the colors
- 76 74. Don’t let white go
- 77 75. Smile, smile, smile
- 78 76. Clean your jewelry
- 79 77. Natural looks good too
- 80 78. A wide smile is required
- 81 79. A colorful look
- 82 80. Men rock it too
- 83 Pay for professional services
The lip frenulum, as well as the tongue frenulum is a thin tissue with high sensitivity. The good news is that piercing them will only take a second compared to other thicker body parts. Even so, because of the nerve endings found in there, you might experience greater pain that will only last for a few seconds. When it comes to tongue piercings, the pain will definitely be more acute due to its thickness and type of tissue. If you’re looking for a brighter side, think about how fast oral piercings heal! The tongue piercing will be healed in one month and the other ones really close to that too!
The cleaning routine
All oral piercings will swell and will not make you want to brush your teeth. However, you have to brush your teeth to keep bacteria away. Besides carefully brushing your teeth, it is recommended to wash your entire mouth with alcohol free mouthwash or with warm salt water twice per day. This routine should be consistently followed until your tissues are healed. Oral hygiene is highly important in general, not to mention for people who wear piercings. Upper lip frenulum piercings and lower lip frenulum piercings will touch your teeth, so proceed with care.
During the healing process, you should avoid alcoholic beverages, cigarettes and spicy food. There’s nothing sophisticated in an irritated frenulum. The sooner it heals, the better it will look and make you feel! As for kissing, I’m sure you know Frenching someone with a sore tongue is no breeze, so keep your germs for yourself for a while! Last but not least, make sure you choose comfortable jewelry! Here are some ideas to get you going!
1. Lip frenulum piercings or smiley piercings
The jewelry attached to the tissue that connects your lip to your teeth shows up when you smile, hence its name.
2. Skulls as double tongue piercings
Your tongue may look evil too! All you need are two skull straight barbells and two holes in it!
3. Taste the rainbow literally
The tongue web is the pierced tissue that you see in this picture. It looks subtle and fun thanks to the colored beads!
4. Thick horseshoe ring for thick frenulum
Wow! This girl’s frenulum is thick! Not all of us can pierce that area of the mouth. Some people have really short under tongue frenulums.
5. Seductive smile with purple beads
Discreet hues may flatter your smile and the color of your teeth too!
6. Curved barbell for under your tongue
Not all types of jewelry is suited for web piercings. The curved barbells are the most recommended ones.
7. Making funny faces to show off
If you get a smiley piercing, you will love it so much that you too will make funny faces to show it off.
8. Rock that badass grim
Some spikes revealing themselves will not look friendly! Although that was a joke, spikes might hurt your teeth more than beads.
9. Tongue web decorated with a horseshoe ring
An oral piercing takes some getting used to, so at first you might not be able to rock horseshoe rings under your tongue.
10. Find the perfect angle
Maybe you don’t want to show off your piercings and that’s okay. However, if you do, this is one perfect angle to take a snap!
11. Lip frenulum piercings touch your teeth
Your teeth coating might suffer changes during a long term wear. So, try to think of these piercings as temporary treats.
12. Glossy lips for shiny teeth and beads
White teeth should stand out and glossy lips make them shine. In addition, the smiley piercing attracts even more attention to them.
13. Creating symmetry in the tongue’s web
Oral piercings are usually symmetrical because they are placed in the middle section of the mouth.
14. Another reason to open wide
Oral piercings are visually appealing too, even if they are hidden most of the time.
- 90 Flattering Double Nose Piercings for All Face Types
- 90 Drop Dead Gorgeous Men Piercings Inspirations
- 88 Unusual and Really Cool Eyebrow Piercing Styles and Jewelry
- 90 Attractive Philtrum Piercing Makeup Ideas and Risks
- 90 Septum Piercing Designs To Get In Line With Celebrities
15. Ring without beads for frenulum
The risk of accidentally removing your piercings is really high when they are not enclosed.
16. Avoid teeth problems with a curved barbell
You can wear a curved barbell that isn’t big enough to get to your teeth, but it will no longer be easily seen when you smile.
17. Short barbell for tongue’s web
Since the frenulum is really thin, you can opt for short jewelry.
18. Braces and oral piercings are a match
Unless your dentist says otherwise, you can wear both braces and oral piercings.
19. Adorable captive bead rings for guys
Guys have larger mouths, so they need larger jewelry as well.
20. Make that tongue frenulum pretty
Others might see your tongue frenulum more often that you look at it, so why not make it look pretty?
21. Cool horseshoe design for web piercings
Horseshoe rings are very versatile. You can wear them in numerous body parts.
22. The risk of migration is real
Your body could reject an oral piercing by pushing it slowly to the edge like in this photo.
23. Large gauge ring for inside the lip
If your lip frenulum is thick enough, then you can insert a large gauge ring to make it look manlier.
24. The smiley matches red lips
A woman with red lips is attractive, not to mention a woman with red lips and a smiley! Are you tempted to live this look a shot?
25. Create black and white contrast with black jewelry
Black and white are non-colors, but this doesn’t make them unable to create contrast.
26. Black and thick horseshoe ring
If you really want your scrumper to stand out, choose a thick jewel in black.
27. Accommodate a golden ring under your tongue
Gold is not the best material to wear in your mouth, but if that’s surgical steel colored in gold, you can wear it without problems!
28. Don’t let blood scare you
Some of us get bleeding gums when we wash our teeth, so a little blood shouldn’t scare you because it is normal.
29. A classic tongue piercing
Lip frenulum piercings aren’t the only one sexy. The classic tongue piercing is too!
30. Spikes with no sharpness
Jewelry with spikes is edgier than the beads, but it isn’t sharp.
31. A tiny scrumper jewel
Tiny horseshoe rings look so cute, don’t you think? They aren’t safer though.
32. Different colored beads every day
Once the lip and tongue frenulums are healed, you can change the beads anytime you feel like it!
33. Rainbow in a flat bead
Shiny and reflective beads will capture light and return an impressive effect!
34. Let the skull sink in
After only 4 weeks, you have the liberty to wear different jewelry styles in your tongue. Is the skull your favorite?
35. The perfect placement is possible
When you visit a piercing parlor, they will take a look at your lip or tongue frenulum and tell you what they can do. The person in the picture above got lucky with the perfect placement.
36. Flat beads are comfortable too
Flat beads aren’t around for long. They seem more comfortable though compared with regular beads.
37. Inflamed frown and tongue frenulum examples
The sight of the lower lip frenulum piercing isn’t pleasant. However, that’s how an inflamed area looks like. It will heal eventually.
38. Straight barbell in the lower lip frenulum
Since the barbell isn’t long, it may fit your physiognomy. If not, opt for a curved one.
39. The element of surprise
This picture is tasteful and grants a lot of value to the element of surprise. The surprise is very pleasant in this case!
40. A good laugh is beautiful
We wear jewelry mainly for beautification, so the effect of this piercing is guaranteed!
41. You don’t need perfect teeth
Not everyone has perfect teeth and that’s alright. Wear a smiley if you want one even if your teeth aren’t perfect!
42. Dental implant and a smiley
Is your mouth one of your favorite body parts? I know this person loves to decorate every part of her mouth!
43. The upper lip and tongue frenulum piercings combo
You’ve seen them separately until now. Here’s how they look together!
44. Showing the essentials only
Your smile might not reveal the entire jewelry. It might only reveal the beads. Would you be happy with that?
45. A healthy tongue piercing
A healthy tongue will not feel sore, swollen or uncomfortable and it will look like this!
46. Glossy lips and a tongue piercing
Lipstick doesn’t affect a pierced tongue unless you eat it.
47. When makeup is allowed
Makeup usually affects face piercings, but it also affects lip piercings and lip frenulum piercings. You can’t keep it 100% away!
48. Curved barbell from surgical steel
Try not to put anything but titanium or surgical steel in your mouth. Plastic and silicon store germs.
49. Oral piercings at their best
The most beautiful oral piercings are the healthy ones.
50. The movement of the lips
Unnatural lip movements are only required for photo sessions.
51. A half oral piercing style
This lip piercing is considered a half oral piercing because the exit/entry point is located in the mouth.
52. Large beads in the center of attention
I personally don’t wear large beads on my straight tongue barbell, but you might find it more suited for your taste.
53. Double tongue piercing featuring large beads
If you can get used with one bead, you can definitely wear two!
54. A happy pierced person
This person is not only showing her piercing, but she is also smiling!
55. Oral piercings tend to make you smile
Besides getting lots of compliments that will make you smile, you might feel happier too.
56. Different sized beads for your mouth
Uniformity is not required for mouth piercings. Pick whatever feels comfortable.
57. An ingenious arrangement of jewelry
The large septum is followed by an upper lip frenulum piercing, a tongue frenulum piercing and two lip piercings.
58. Curved barbell rests on your gums
Gums are less affected by hard materials than teeth.
59. Rely on an everyday hoop
Changing the jewel is not wrong, but you can do so every day. That’s why you need a hoop to wear regularly.
60. Reveal your tongue piercing anytime
Anytime you feel like it is the best time to reveal your tongue piercing.
61. Prepare for a sexy photo shoot
Abstain from taking pictures of your pierced tongue until it heals.
62. The tongue piercing as alternative
If lip frenulum piercings aren’t made for you, the tongue piercing may be an alternative.
63. Four are too many
Things don’t look good for number 4 here!
64. The gum piercings of the future
Gum piercings are new, but not many people have one.
65. Where is that fellow hiding
Depending on your dental structure, you might not be able to show the piercing off at all.
66. Jeweled beads for the smiley
She matched her nail art with her jewel. How cool is that?
67. The most popular combo
68. Over sized under lip jewel
69. Blue looks good too
70. Small for comfort
71. Don’t improvise jewelry
72. Plastic beads for fun
73. Switching the colors
74. Don’t let white go
75. Smile, smile, smile
76. Clean your jewelry
77. Natural looks good too
78. A wide smile is required
79. A colorful look
80. Men rock it too
Pay for professional services
Since not all oral piercings cost the same depending on their location and the salon’s location, you can expect between $30 and $80 for one. Most jewelry for lip frenulum piercings cost between $10 and $20 unless you pick fancy materials or designs for more than $250. However, you don’t have to include the price of the jewel in your initial costs, because piercing parlors use non-allergenic barbells or captive bead rings during the piercing process. Keep in mind that you also need mouthwash that contains no alcohol for the aftercare. Happy piercing!