Labret piercings are also known as tongue pillars or soul patch piercings. These fun denominations do have some sense, especially if you know where they are placed. Arguably, the labrum refers to the lip. However, these piercing types are usually placed near or under the bottom lip. You will also see examples when the jewel goes through the lower lip. Regardless of their exact locations, these piercings are included in the labret category. An oral piercing without a doubt, the tongue pillar doesn’t require more than 6 weeks to 3 months to fully heal, which is a lot less than in case of other types.
When you wear jewelry in or next to your lower lip, you will automatically attract indiscreet looks. This would be flattering and you will definitely feel like you have embellished or at least accessorize one of your body parts right. There are multiple types of labret piercings, so that’s why you have to take a look below and discover 90 ideas that are meant to inspire you in your journey. In addition, there will be examples of unique jewelry that you might want to own later on.
1. Vertical labret piercing with gemstones
- 1 1. Vertical labret piercing with gemstones
- 2 2. Labret piercing placed horizontally
- 3 3. Standard soul patch piercing
- 4 4. Standard tongue pillar with a horseshoe jewel
- 5 5. Tiny beaded vertical labret and pink lips
- 6 6. No need for a vertical labret
- 7 7. Vertical labret flatters plump lips
- 8 8. Beauty enhanced with black jewelry
- 9 9. Infinity ring as labret piercing
- 10 10. Red infinity ring for your lip
- 11 11. Piercing in the middle on your lip
- 12 12. Labret piercing on the side
- 13 13. Flat gold bead on your lip
- 14 14. Soul patch piercing with large beads
- 15 15. Badass look with a black horseshoe ring
- 16 16. Horizontal labrets are not common
- 17 17. Avoid jewelry that is too tight
- 18 18. Use cosmetic products with care
- 19 19. Focus on the center of your face
- 20 20. The gold and red combo
- 21 21. Keep the jewel clean
- 22 22. Create a straight line on your face
- 23 23. Cool enclosed bead ring on the side
- 24 24. Spikes must be worn with care
- 25 25. Twister for your bubbly personality
- 26 26. Snake bites and black lipstick
- 27 27. Same sized beads for all jewels
- 28 28. Vertical labret for girls with sense of humor
- 29 29. Lipstick might cause infections
- 30 30. Multicolored ball for labret piercings
- 31 31. Shiny bead on your lip
- 32 32. Don’t let the jewel sink into your lip
- 33 33. Side lip piercing and red lipstick
- 34 34. Thick ring for your lower lip
- 35 35. Long barbell for thick lips
- 36 36. Spider bites with rings in them
- 37 37. Virtually divide your lower lip in two
- 38 38. Piercing aligned with your features
- 39 39. Red, black and don’t go back
- 40 40. Nude lips and lip ring
- 41 41. Tiny bead like a mole
- 42 42. Snake bites and a vertical labret
- 43 43. Going from small to large
- 44 44. A sturdy tongue pillar
- 45 45. Simplicity with a labret design
- 46 46. Natural with a pierced lip
- 47 47. Elaborate designs might interfere with regular activities
- 48 48. Let the jeweled bead for under your lip
- 49 49. Professionals do it better
- 50 50. Gold labret for charming vixens
- 51 51. Goth princess with regular labret piercing
- 52 52. Sporty and natural with piercings
- 53 53. The risk of migration
- 54 54. Wear a fake one to make sure
- 55 55. Nude lips and gold ring
- 56 56. Glittery, pierced lips
- 57 57. Bloody lips and snake bites
- 58 58. Classic goth look for a regular day
- 59 59. Rebellious and sexy blonde’s style
- 60 60. Piercing placed just above the chin
- 61 61. Pretty flowers everywhere
- 62 62. Extra-large horseshoe ring
- 63 63. Decisions based on experiences
- 64 64. Loose lip ring for comfort
- 65 65. Imitate the effect of a vertical labret
- 66 66. Indian princess with snake bites and labret jewel
- 67 67. Take a very close look
- 68 68. Beware of proportions
- 69 69. Wear the twister to impress
- 70 70. The most popular combo
- 71 71. Marking down the center
- 72 72. Stay gorgeous with piercings on
- 73 73. Oral piercings as your passion
- 74 74. Oral piercing as diversity
- 75 75. A very flattering profile
- 76 76. A way to be cooler than ever
- 77 77. Wild hippie look with piercings
- 78 78. A clean feminine image
- 79 79. An edgy and fun style
- 80 80. Do not smoke during the healing process
- 81 81. Be one of the prettiest girls
- 82 82. Be comfortable in your own skin
- 83 83. Emphasize your small lips
- 84 84. Stand out from the crowd
- 85 85. Add up to your bad girl image
- 86 86. Labret piercings don’t stop you from smiling
- 87 87. Bring out the pin up girl in you
- 88 88. The geeky temptress
- 89 89. Simulate the look of a lip piercing
- 90 90. Find the perfect fit
This is a strikingly beautiful jewel that flatters the vertical labret piercing.
2. Labret piercing placed horizontally
The jewel penetrates the lower lip horizontally.
3. Standard soul patch piercing
This is the standard soul patch piercing that is located just under the lower lip, in the middle section.
4. Standard tongue pillar with a horseshoe jewel
You can take things up a notch and place a horseshoe in your standard tongue pillar.
5. Tiny beaded vertical labret and pink lips
Lipstick shouldn’t get anywhere near you piercing until it heals.
6. No need for a vertical labret
If you wear a horseshoe ring on your lower lip, it will pretty much look like a vertical labret without the pain of one.
7. Vertical labret flatters plump lips
If your lower lip is plump, you have all the reasons to get labret piercings!
8. Beauty enhanced with black jewelry
Black jewelry is not for those of you who want to look natural.
9. Infinity ring as labret piercing
This jewel is called infinity ring because it is virtually infinite due to the lack of bead.
10. Red infinity ring for your lip
If you don’t wear red lipstick, you can wear a red jewel in your lower lip.
11. Piercing in the middle on your lip
A vertical labret is placed in the middle of your bottom lip.
12. Labret piercing on the side
Part of a snake bite pattern or not, you can pierce your lower lip on the side too, not just in the center.
13. Flat gold bead on your lip
After 6 weeks to 3 months, you can remove the initial jewel and experiment with others.
14. Soul patch piercing with large beads
Such large beads will not bother you when eating or kissing. They are just flashier.
15. Badass look with a black horseshoe ring
Sweet and romantic is not the look everyone is going for. So, this is an example of how to look badass with a tongue pillar.
16. Horizontal labrets are not common
Basically a piercing that goes inside your lower lip, this one isn’t common.
17. Avoid jewelry that is too tight
If you opt for a horseshoe ring and it is too tight, it will be uncomfortable and look awkward too.
18. Use cosmetic products with care
Besides choosing alcohol free mouthwash and wiping your lip with salt water, you should also keep cosmetics away for a while.
19. Focus on the center of your face
Septum piercings go hand in hand with labret piercings because they both draw attention to the center of your face, elongating it.
20. The gold and red combo
If you are the glamorous type, you must try the gold and red combo!
21. Keep the jewel clean
After you’re done applying lipstick, make sure to wipe out the jewel.
22. Create a straight line on your face
Vertical labrets go well together with septum piercings, bridge piercings and others situated in the center of your face.
23. Cool enclosed bead ring on the side
Cool kids wear these, so you could also give them a try!
24. Spikes must be worn with care
These spikes aren’t too sharp, but they must be worn with care.
25. Twister for your bubbly personality
The twister creates a fun image for people with bubbly personalities.
26. Snake bites and black lipstick
Two lip piercings situated on the sides are called snake bites.
27. Same sized beads for all jewels
Symmetry is appreciated by numerous perfectionists. Obtain it by choosing same sized beads.
28. Vertical labret for girls with sense of humor
This girl has sense of humor and a vertical labret, so this means pierced girls are funny!
29. Lipstick might cause infections
Professionals recommend flawless oral hygiene before and after piercing. Lipstick is not good news.
30. Multicolored ball for labret piercings
Wearing multicolored beads under your lips is actually a good idea.
31. Shiny bead on your lip
Whether the other end of this bead is inside her mouth or hidden by her lower lip is not important. The achieved look is.
32. Don’t let the jewel sink into your lip
A jewel that sinks into your lip will irritate it and alter its shape.
33. Side lip piercing and red lipstick
The side lip piercing doesn’t stand in the way of lipstick or other activities involving your lips.
34. Thick ring for your lower lip
Stretching a labret piercing is not recommended, but it is practiced.
35. Long barbell for thick lips
The long barbell is useful for when your lip is thick or when it will get swollen due to piercing it.
36. Spider bites with rings in them
This piercings placement is called spider bites, but usually there are two studs inside, not two rings.
37. Virtually divide your lower lip in two
A thin lip ring will virtually divide your lip in two sections, both very kissable!
38. Piercing aligned with your features
The vertical labret must be aligned with the center of your upper lip and with your teeth.
39. Red, black and don’t go back
Red and black is a color combination that has proven success.
40. Nude lips and lip ring
Nude lips highlight lip piercings best.
41. Tiny bead like a mole
This tiny bead looks like it’s part of her.
42. Snake bites and a vertical labret
This is how three lip piercings aren’t a crowd.
43. Going from small to large
Although this is definitely a cool option, the large bead might determine migration because it weighs more.
44. A sturdy tongue pillar
Thick and fitted piercings last longer.
45. Simplicity with a labret design
One inspired labret design has a lovely impact through simplicity.
46. Natural with a pierced lip
Naturalness isn’t corrupted by a simple lip piercing.
47. Elaborate designs might interfere with regular activities
Although a fashion statement, the vertical labret stands in the way of regular activities. The design should be as simple as possible.
48. Let the jeweled bead for under your lip
It’s best to place jeweled beads under the lip, not on the other side.
49. Professionals do it better
Although you’ll find tutorials on how to pierce yourself, keep in mind that professionals do it better!
50. Gold labret for charming vixens
Want this look? Go for a gold labret!
51. Goth princess with regular labret piercing
Labret piercings may contribute to your goth look.
52. Sporty and natural with piercings
If vixens and goth princesses aren’t your thing, here’s another example.
53. The risk of migration
Improper care, too much fiddling and wearing the wrong jewels can determine it to migrate.
54. Wear a fake one to make sure
Before getting a labret piercing, wear a fake one to make sure it’s what you want.
55. Nude lips and gold ring
This look can be obtained after minimum 6 weeks.
56. Glittery, pierced lips
How do you like this style?
57. Bloody lips and snake bites
Would this look be representative for you?
58. Classic goth look for a regular day
Are you aiming for a complete goth look and relying on a labret stud?
59. Rebellious and sexy blonde’s style
She seems to like horseshoe rings everywhere!
60. Piercing placed just above the chin
This design fits the labret piercings definition the best.
61. Pretty flowers everywhere
If you want unique jewelry, browse the Internet to find it!
62. Extra-large horseshoe ring
This look can only be obtained with an extra-large horseshoe ring, adjusted to the size of your lower lip.
63. Decisions based on experiences
Wearing a fake ring will help you decide based on your experience.
64. Loose lip ring for comfort
Nice and neat isn’t everyone’s favorite. Loose rings work too.
65. Imitate the effect of a vertical labret
A small horseshoe ring can help you imitate the effect of a vertical labret without piercing your lip twice.
66. Indian princess with snake bites and labret jewel
Although original from Africa, the lip piercing can be mixed with other cultures.
67. Take a very close look
This is a close up view and a personal image.
68. Beware of proportions
Small lips will not look good with a huge jewel on them.
69. Wear the twister to impress
The twister can be a comfortable and impressive jewel for your lower lip.
70. The most popular combo
The snakebites and the labret piercing form the most popular lip combo of piercings.
71. Marking down the center
Professional piercers will study your face and carefully find its center.
72. Stay gorgeous with piercings on
This chick would’ve been gorgeous without the piercings anyway, but they are part of her personality.
73. Oral piercings as your passion
Some people like oral piercings more than other face piercings.
74. Oral piercing as diversity
If you already have face piercings, you can opt for an oral piercing as diversity.
75. A very flattering profile
Looks like labret piercings flatter from any angle!
76. A way to be cooler than ever
Besides being gorgeous, this girl is also cool and that’s because of her overall style, not just because of her piercings.
77. Wild hippie look with piercings
Acupuncture is known to work as regular piercings too.
78. A clean feminine image
Stylish and discreet piercings match the feminine look.
79. An edgy and fun style
Wear one of each type of piercings to complete your style.
80. Do not smoke during the healing process
Smoking and drinking alcohol will slow down the healing process, enhance bleeding and contribute to bad hygiene.
81. Be one of the prettiest girls
Labret piercings and any other body modifications that you want will make you feel the prettiest.
82. Be comfortable in your own skin
Self-confidence and self-worth can be boosted when you get what you want.
83. Emphasize your small lips
Wearing a piercing in small or thin lips with emphasize them.
84. Stand out from the crowd
A simple or standard labret piercing will be as interesting and as appealing as a less common one.
85. Add up to your bad girl image
Black rings can contribute to your bad girl image.
86. Labret piercings don’t stop you from smiling
On the contrary, you will be smiling when you see yourself in the mirror!
87. Bring out the pin up girl in you
Be a modern pin up girl if that’s what you want.
88. The geeky temptress
A pair of glasses, red lips and labret piercing will drive men crazy.
89. Simulate the look of a lip piercing
Take a pic of your lips, Photoshop it and add a jewel to see how you’d look.
90. Find the perfect fit
The placement of the upper bead doesn’t look comfortable. Try to find the perfect fit.
Expect to pay between $40 and $65 in almost any shop for one labret piercing that includes a standard jewel. Don’t forget that there are other costs included for the mouthwash and the cleaning solution. Indeed, you can make your own salt water at home, but I would rely on professional products. You can bring your own jewel, but make sure it’s made of stainless steel or titanium and that it has the right size for your desired piercing. The piercer should be able to sterilize it. Happy piercing!