An industrial piercing is definitely eye-catching. A true accessory for your ear, this type of piercing consists of two holes. There are classical industrial piercings ideas, which are based on making two holes that are connected with the help of a long, straight jewelry, but also wackier ideas that combine one or more bars, which aren’t necessarily straight. What’s certain is that you need to pierce your ear cartilage twice in order to wear an industrial design. The upper ear consists of thin cartilage that is easier to pierce than the conch area for example. People from the UK refer to it as the bar. However, you might also hear about the scaffold piercing and the construction piercing. They are all the same thing.
The pain factor
- 1 90 Stylish Industrial Piercings To Cover Your Body
- 1.1 1. The classical industrial piercing
- 1.2 2. Arrow industrial barbell piercing
- 1.3 3. Black industrial barbell to stay
- 1.4 4. Silver industrial barbell with round beads
- 1.5 5. Industrial barbell that fits the ear
- 1.6 6. Flat heart embedded in the barbell
- 1.7 7. Keep the gold jewelry for later
- 1.8 8. Watch out for large beads
- 1.9 9. Together we are one jewel type
- 1.10 10. Trying on the dragon fly
- 1.11 11. Wacky combination of two industrial piercings
- 1.12 12. Keep the beads, change the bar
- 1.13 13. Invisible industrial piercing is magic
- 1.14 14. Diagonal scaffold piercing for girls
- 1.15 15. Gem row industrial barbell
- 1.16 16. Colors and symbols as you want them
- 1.17 17. The key to one’s ear
- 1.18 18. Gemstone construction piercing jewel
- 1.19 19. Sparrow ornament for the upper ear
- 1.20 20. The twister replaces the bar
- 1.21 21. A shiny mix of jewelry
- 1.22 22. Keeping the jewelry in place
- 1.23 23. A slightly curved bar as industrial piercing
- 1.24 24. Colored flower industrial earring
- 1.25 25. Badass style with a skull on a barbell
- 1.26 26. Opal stone embedded in fancy jewel
- 1.27 27. Blue V shaped scaffold piercing
- 1.28 28. Traces of dry lymph
- 1.29 29. A superhero in an industrial piercing
- 1.30 30. A colorful ear with piercings
- 1.31 31. The illusion of an industrial piercing
- 1.32 32. Wear crystals instead of beads
- 1.33 33. Opal stones instead of beads
- 1.34 34. Vertical industrial piercings with blue stones
- 1.35 35. Industrial barbell with blue hues
- 1.36 36. The arrow that pierces your ear
- 1.37 37. Chromatic matches for your ear
- 1.38 38. The ultimate twisting effect
- 1.39 39. A shorter arrow that fits the ear
- 1.40 40. A smooth row of gemstones
- 1.41 41. Two short straight barbells
- 1.42 42. A complex steampunk jewel for the whole ear
- 1.43 43. The spiked spiral in silver
- 1.44 44. Your personal dream catcher attached to a curved barbell
- 1.45 45. Expressing your passion for music
- 1.46 46. Curved barbell laying neatly on the ear
- 1.47 47. Long yellow gold industrial
- 1.48 48. The lightning in your ear
- 1.49 49. Go for large jewelry
- 1.50 50. Multi-gems decorate your cartilage
- 1.51 51. Basic industrial barbell in gold
- 1.52 52. Vertical industrial with conch extensions
- 1.53 53. Horizontal industrial with cartilage extensions
- 1.54 54. Two vertical scaffold piercings
- 1.55 55. Sacrifice comfort for beauty
- 1.56 56. Straight barbell goes through tragus and conch
- 1.57 57. Parallel bars arranged horizontally
- 1.58 58. Watch out for the eyeglasses frame
- 1.59 59. Disco balls revive your ear’s design
- 1.60 60. Bend that barbell for a better fit
- 1.61 61. Cupcakes and pretty hearts for the girly side of you
- 1.62 62. When spiral meets straight bar
- 1.63 63. Discuss eyeglasses frame with your piercer
- 1.64 64. Jeweled arrow with flat spike
- 1.65 65. Hair is harmless for your piercing
- 1.66 66. Triple gemstone sensation
- 1.67 67. Two diagonal bars cross paths
- 1.68 68. A spiral with extra charms
- 1.69 69. Three industrial bars forming hearts
- 1.70 70. A side cut and a basic industrial
- 1.71 71. Crystal adornments for construction piercings
- 1.72 72. Classic beads for classic piercings
- 1.73 73. A bar longer than your ear
- 1.74 74. A style you’ve never seen before
- 1.75 75. A skull in the middle of the bar
- 1.76 76. An addition to your pin up style
- 1.77 77. A clean basic industrial bar
- 1.78 78. The Earth at your ear
- 1.79 79. An over sized spiral bar
- 1.80 80. Celebrities wear barbells too
- 1.81 81. An arrow piercing ear and heart
- 1.82 82. Bloody diagonal upper ear bar
- 1.83 83. Opal beads taking control
- 1.84 84. Long is for versatility
- 1.85 85. The key to a better look
- 1.86 86. Plastic beads are lighter
- 1.87 87. Over sized jewels for atypical locations
- 1.88 88. A little space is good for healing
- 1.89 89. Carefully placed black piercings
- 1.90 90. Three inside and three above
- 1.91 91. A migrating jewel
- 1.92 92. The look of a fresh industrial piercing
- 1.93 The cleaning routine
- 1.94 Pay for professional services
We’re talking about two perforations during the same session, so you can think of double pain compared to a regular piercing. Even so, the piercing itself will feel more like a pinch. This applies to diagonal and horizontal scaffold piercings. Things are a little different with the vertical ones because the cartilage might be thicker. Bleeding may be involved, but that’s not something that should scare you, especially if you are going to a professional piercing technician. The blood clots will be removed when you wash the piercing for the first time and they will not be an inconvenient anymore. Moreover, it is recommended to let the blood clots harden because that stops the bleeding.
Let’s take a look at some industrial piercing ideas and learn about prices at the end!
90 Stylish Industrial Piercings To Cover Your Body
1. The classical industrial piercing
The classical bar travels diagonally from one side of the upper ear to the other.
2. Arrow industrial barbell piercing
The only change here is of jewelry. This one is nicely shaped like an arrow and it is gold too!
3. Black industrial barbell to stay
This jewel could be a great choice for when you pierce your ear until you are able to change it.
4. Silver industrial barbell with round beads
Round beads are ideal to wear during the healing process because you can’t harm yourself with those!
5. Industrial barbell that fits the ear
The length of the barbell is very important at the beginning because your ear will swell and be sore.
6. Flat heart embedded in the barbell
Not so long ago, the only jewelry you could find were simple, not so cute as this one that has a heart incorporated!
7. Keep the gold jewelry for later
Jewelry made of gold is not recommended to wear until after your ear is healed. Rely on titanium. Always.
8. Watch out for large beads
Large beads are easier to notice, but they might get caught up in clothes or towels.
9. Together we are one jewel type
Looped industrial bars are very fashionable right now. Different charms may be included.
10. Trying on the dragon fly
Discussing jewelry options with the piecing technician is always a good idea.
11. Wacky combination of two industrial piercings
In order to create a trident, this girl got not one, but two industrial piercings. One is vertical and the other one is shaped like a horseshoe. Ingenious I think!
12. Keep the beads, change the bar
If the barbell becomes too long after the swelling goes away, you can change it without change the beads as well.
13. Invisible industrial piercing is magic
Oh well. this piercing is transparent, but if no one sees it, it might as well be invisible! Puf!
14. Diagonal scaffold piercing for girls
There is no difference in technique between a scaffold piercing for girls and a scaffold piercing for guys.
15. Gem row industrial barbell
Such a feminine and stylish design only costs around $10!
16. Colors and symbols as you want them
There is virtually no combination of colors and symbols that you will not find for a construction piercing.
17. The key to one’s ear
People hear what they please, so this could be a metaphor, but look at her earlobe jewel! Mind-blowing!
18. Gemstone construction piercing jewel
Take things up a notch and wear gemstones on the jewel for your construction piercing. It will look fancy!
19. Sparrow ornament for the upper ear
Good things come in small packages, hence the choice in sparrow! Undying love and commitment are among the meanings of sparrows.
20. The twister replaces the bar
The spiral piercing or the twister does a great job at replacing the classical bar.
21. A shiny mix of jewelry
Jewelry doesn’t need gemstones to shine!
22. Keeping the jewelry in place
I’m not sure how good this is for the healing process, but it’s good to know you have the option to keep the bars in place when needed.
23. A slightly curved bar as industrial piercing
Curves and round beads make me think of feminine details. This one does look more delicate.
24. Colored flower industrial earring
Colored and under the shape of a flower and two flat beads alike, this jewel can accentuate a woman’s graceful side.
25. Badass style with a skull on a barbell
Do you want to express your badass style? Do so with a barbell that has a skull on it.
26. Opal stone embedded in fancy jewel
This jewel is fancy all the way! It doesn’t only feature opal stones, but also black stones at both ends.
27. Blue V shaped scaffold piercing
This jewel hangs a little from the two holes, fact which is not good if it’s heavy. However, titanium is usually lightweight.
28. Traces of dry lymph
As you can see on the right side of the bar, there is some dry lymph. That is normal to occur during the healing process.
29. A superhero in an industrial piercing
Superheros fans can find jewelry with the shape of their favorite hero.
30. A colorful ear with piercings
Colored piercings can give life, figuratively speaking to a pierced ear.
31. The illusion of an industrial piercing
This ear accessory is only attached to one hole. It may look like a scaffold piercing, but it is not.
32. Wear crystals instead of beads
This bar comes with crystal endings instead of the classical beads.
33. Opal stones instead of beads
These matching opal stone beads create a wonderful effect! Would you wear something like that?
34. Vertical industrial piercings with blue stones
This is another wacky concept! Two vertical industrial piercings decorated with blue stones!
35. Industrial barbell with blue hues
In order to further decorate your upper ear, you can opt for an industrial barbell with various patterns and color hues.
36. The arrow that pierces your ear
Providing a very realistic look, this silver arrow fits perfectly to the size of her upper ear.
37. Chromatic matches for your ear
An industrial piercing doesn’t have to be boring. You can match up its colors with the colors of your other jewelry.
38. The ultimate twisting effect
Those complex twisted jewels look really hard to put through holes, but this is an incontestable proof that it is possible!
39. A shorter arrow that fits the ear
Not all industrial piercings are placed in the same exact spot. This person’s hole are higher than in other cases, so she needs shorter barbells. This is something you can look after when you go piercing.
40. A smooth row of gemstones
If you particularly like colored beads and a row of three is not colorful enough for you, then you can opt for jewelry with extra beads and gemstones.
41. Two short straight barbells
The option of wearing two straight short barbells is great for the healing period. In this way, you can wash them better and wipe them with salt water. They are also cool as simple jewels.
42. A complex steampunk jewel for the whole ear
This isn’t a typical jewel and you’ll probably not find it in stores. We all have different sized ears, so making this model in an universal size would be almost impossible. It features the steampunk style and it is more than awesome!
43. The spiked spiral in silver
Obtaining a clean, cool look isn’t easy with a scaffold piercing. Even so, this person did it!
44. Your personal dream catcher attached to a curved barbell
An industrial piercing features free space between one extremity of the ear to the other. That’s convenient because you can attach charms like this dream catcher.
45. Expressing your passion for music
The bar can be ornamented with symbols of your passions.
46. Curved barbell laying neatly on the ear
This jewel is almost unnoticeable. This is proof that an industrial piercing can also be hidden when needed.
47. Long yellow gold industrial
When we were babies, out parents used to put gold jewelry in our ears and no one though that was unsafe. However, piercers don’t recommend gold jewelry as surgical steel or titanium are totally non-allergenic.
48. The lightning in your ear
Energetic and daring girls might go for the lightning design. This is an idea that can make you stand out of the crowd.
49. Go for large jewelry
This redheaded chick only has 2 piercings in her ear, but the effect is maximized thanks to the size of her jewelry.
50. Multi-gems decorate your cartilage
I have to admit the multi-gems on this barbell are quite charming!
51. Basic industrial barbell in gold
Basic industrial barbells are ideal for simple girls and for the healing period.
52. Vertical industrial with conch extensions
This arrangement of piercings looks rather painful, but I guess the effect is worth the pain!
53. Horizontal industrial with cartilage extensions
Featuring as many holes as the previous arrangement, this one looks less painful because the pierced area is more common.
54. Two vertical scaffold piercings
Although this arrangement looks complex, it actually isn’t. There are two regular, vertical scaffold piercings that create a twisty effect thanks to the curves from the barbells.
55. Sacrifice comfort for beauty
This jewel is too large for her ear. However, some of you might sacrifice your comfort for the beauty of the jewel itself.
56. Straight barbell goes through tragus and conch
Not really an industrial piercing, this one connects the tragus with the conch area. It looks interesting to say the least.
57. Parallel bars arranged horizontally
If one is not enough for you, you can double the fun with two similar looking bars! The risk of rejection is higher in this case.
58. Watch out for the eyeglasses frame
The frame of your eyeglasses might touch the pierced area, making it inflamed for a longer time.
59. Disco balls revive your ear’s design
Well, maybe these aren’t disco balls, but they look joyful, pretty and playful!
60. Bend that barbell for a better fit
Longer barbells can be bent in order to look better.
61. Cupcakes and pretty hearts for the girly side of you
Your love for pink, pretty things should be hidden. Express it with the right jewel for your industrial piercing!
62. When spiral meets straight bar
This combination is an original idea that you can apply it too!
63. Discuss eyeglasses frame with your piercer
If you wear eyeglasses all the time, you have to discuss this aspect with your piercer. You might suffer more and endure a longer healing process if the jewel is always bothered by the frame.
64. Jeweled arrow with flat spike
This jeweled arrow is prettier and safer than the classical ones.
65. Hair is harmless for your piercing
If hair touches your sore ear, there’s no problem. However, watch out for hair strains that get stuck around the barbell.
66. Triple gemstone sensation
This girl really likes shiny stones! She has more besides the triple industrial sensation.
67. Two diagonal bars cross paths
If the second set of holes is placed higher than the others, this arrangement will also be comfortable, not just cool looking.
68. A spiral with extra charms
Those charms might bother you when sleeping. However, some people don’t sleep on their sides, so this might be an idea to consider.
69. Three industrial bars forming hearts
This person is obviously obsessed with hearts and that’s not a bad thing! While one of the jewels has hearts attached, this other two form one heart together. Ingenious, isn’t it?
70. A side cut and a basic industrial
Construction piercings are more visible when combined with side cuts.
71. Crystal adornments for construction piercings
Crystals will never go out of fashion and they match alternative girls too.
72. Classic beads for classic piercings
Although the earlobe piercing is more classical than the industrial piercing, they are both considered pretty basic.
73. A bar longer than your ear
If you’re listening to a professional, you’ll not wear longer bars. As a fashion statement they are acceptable as long as you change it back to a jewel that fits.
74. A style you’ve never seen before
This piercing style is truly unique!
75. A skull in the middle of the bar
Skull, hearts, animals or stones are all suited for ornamenting a long industrial barbell.
76. An addition to your pin up style
Pierced girls make excellent pin up girls!
77. A clean basic industrial bar
Basic industrial bars look best when they are perfectly sized.
78. The Earth at your ear
That wonderful bead looks like Earth, doesn’t it?
79. An over sized spiral bar
Over sized jewels do have their advantages physically speaking.
80. Celebrities wear barbells too
In case you didn’t know, celebrities are into industrial piercings too.
81. An arrow piercing ear and heart
A classical manifestation of the arrow and heart, this one goes through the ear too!
82. Bloody diagonal upper ear bar
Blood cannot be avoided when you pierce your upper year. Some professionals advise to let it dry in order to stop the bleeding and clean it only the day after.
83. Opal beads taking control
The opal beads are really popular right now. They aren’t only present in long barbells, but also in other designs.
84. Long is for versatility
This girl can go from having a diagonal industrial piercing to a vertical one thanks to the other holes she has in her ear. Her long barbell is versatile in this situation.
85. The key to a better look
Metaphorically speaking, the key has a lot of meanings. The key to one’s heart is the most used phrasing. Even so, as a jewel, it can be considered just pretty.
86. Plastic beads are lighter
If you don’t want to put pressure on the cartilage from your upper ear, you can wear plastic beads. Those are not as durable as the other ones, but they are so cheap that you can afford lots!
87. Over sized jewels for atypical locations
When you wear over sized jewels, you are automatically drawing attention to that part of your body.
88. A little space is good for healing
Fit or tight jewel isn’t recommended during the healing period. The short space from the picture above is ideal for cleaning and all the other aftercare procedures.
89. Carefully placed black piercings
Design a look for your ear before piercing it! I bet she did gave a lot of thought to how she want her ear to look before she pierced it so heavily.
90. Three inside and three above
Triple stones attached to a straight barbell go well together with triple studs on the earlobe.
91. A migrating jewel
The side opposite to the head is in a bit of trouble. It looks like her body is rejecting the piercing. In such cases, it is better to take it out and let the tissue heal. You can always try again after your ear is fully healed.
92. The look of a fresh industrial piercing
Not to pleasant or pretty, this is how a freshly pierced ear looks like. There is some blood and inflammation, but those should not scare you!
The cleaning routine
Bacterial and viral infections might be an issue if you don’t take proper care of your piercing. Therefore, you need to make sure not to sleep on the pierced ear and to clean it regularly. Use antibacterial soap and salt water twice per day for approximately 2 weeks and then just one time per day. Try not to touch it with dirty hands, sink it in pools or the sea and wear hats that will cover it. Also, don’t let other people lay their hands on your ear. You can show them and they can watch from a distance. You never know what they did with their hands!
Beware of rejection signs such as, dry, red and scaly skin around the pierced area, lymph discharge and elongation of the exit holes. In addition, make sure you are wearing a jewelry made of titanium or surgical steel until the tissue is healed. Expect a healing period of up to 6 months. Your ear might not be sore after 3 weeks, but this doesn’t mean you should stop cleaning it or that you can change it will less safer jewelry. I know you want to wear that really cool design you just bought, but you really need to be patient!
You’ll discover lots of girly, shiny, steampunk, pin up and classical types of jewelry positioned in regular ways or in wacky ways that might steer your imagination even more! Most of them are for girls, but guys can also find inspiring ideas in over 90 pictures of one or more scaffold piercings in the same ear! As soon as the holes are healed, you can wear a different jewel every day! The price of the jewels are high either, especially if you buy them online and find discounts as well.
Pay for professional services
Most reputable piercing shops charge between $50 and $70 for an industrial piercing. However, rural areas will offer lower prices and huge cities like New York will require more. It’s important not to choose the shop depending on how much they charge, but based on the piercer’s portfolio and the salon’s reputation. Infected ears are more expensive to treat and you just don’t deserve to suffer! If you have a bigger plan for your ear, then a professional will be able to give you advice or even consider yours. They are very open minded and focused on pleasing you as a client. After all, body piercing is a business and the best will always succeed! Happy piercing!