The inner and outer conch piercing ideas presented below are meant to inspire you. If you are a more conventional person or you are working in a piercing-free environment, you can opt for one of the examples below. In order to add something new to your look that isn’t too flashy, you can wear a conch piercing or more! A conch piercing is placed in the bowl-shaped area of your ear or on the flat surfaces. The first one described is called inner conch piercing and the latter is called outer conch piercing. None of these two attract attention unless you wear large or shiny jewelry. However, if you’d like people to notice them, you can put your hair up and display them with confidence!
The pain factor
- 1 The pain factor
- 2 The cleaning routine
- 3 1. Inner conch hoop in gold
- 4 2. Double inner conch piercing
- 5 3. Accessorized conch stud
- 6 4. Crystal outer conch studs
- 7 5. Flower for your inner conch
- 8 6. Two outer conch piercings
- 9 7. Triple conch piercings and jewelry
- 10 8. Hoop with colored stones
- 11 9. Large gauge jewel for the conch
- 12 10. A conch and a helix at the same time
- 13 11. An extended flowery design
- 14 12. Inner conch for the frog
- 15 13. Rectangular shine in the inner cartilage
- 16 14. Extreme ear modifications
- 17 15. A trio for a sensual woman
- 18 16. A row of three stones in one
- 19 17. A flower on the outer conch
- 20 18. An effort for the pink unicorn
- 21 19. Five stone conch piercing
- 22 20. Twisted ring for an interesting effect
- 23 21. Different colored five stone piercing
- 24 22. A spike as an outer conch piercing
- 25 23. Scattered piercings all over the ear
- 26 24. Bloody, heart-shaped conch jewel
- 27 25. Cross decorates the outer conch
- 28 26. Like a luxurious necklace
- 29 27. Just as luxurious but simpler
- 30 28. Triple conch done by the book
- 31 29. Black ring with silver bead
- 32 30. A stud with a large ball
- 33 31. Triple fire opal for the outer conch
- 34 32. Triple inner conch design
- 35 33. Double outer conch and an inner conch piercing
- 36 34. Fairy for your ear
- 37 35. A Ferido ball piercing
- 38 36. Double hoops come in gold
- 39 37. Ring with flat bead for you
- 40 38. A combination between gold and black
- 41 39. Let the sun shine
- 42 40. Two thin hoops
- 43 41. Five crystal stones in one
- 44 42. Basic jewel for the inner conch
- 45 43. Basic jewel part two
- 46 44. Large inner conch piercing
- 47 45. Ornamental hoops for ear’s edge
- 48 46. Frog’s own ear place
- 49 47. Titanium jewelry with shiny stones
- 50 48. Symbols in the outer conch
- 51 49. Flat bead with opal stone
- 52 50. Put a pearl on it
- 53 51. Inner and outer conch piercing in one
- 54 52. Baby blue stone to match the hair
- 55 53. From light blue to dark blue
- 56 54. A ring with a pearly bead
- 57 55. Edgy designs for modern looks
- 58 56. Flat jewels love
- 59 57. Pretty little piercings
- 60 58. Beads for the inner conch piercing
- 61 59. Three types of conch piercings
- 62 60. Clean and simple piercing options
- 63 61. A trio of crystal beads
- 64 62. Cool conch jewel on tattooed ear
- 65 63. Two drops of heavy metal
- 66 64. Inner rings decorating the outer ear
- 67 65. Outer drops of color
- 68 66. A flower and two buds
- 69 67. An outer conch gone wrong
- 70 68. The colors of the rainbow
- 71 69. Twin jewelry for the ear
- 72 70. Create contrast with black accessories
- 73 71. Can’t go wrong with this
- 74 72. A row of outer conch piercings
- 75 73. Six tiny beads shaped like a flower
- 76 74. Keep it simple with simple beads
- 77 75. A very colorful choice
- 78 76. Flat beads in neutral colors
- 79 77. Not your first piercing choice
- 80 78. Three little lights of hope
- 81 79. The simplest outer conch piercing possible
- 82 80. Flat beads with patterns
- 83 81. Make a statement you believe in
- 84 82. Hoops for boys
- 85 83. A flower with three petals
- 86 Pay for professional services
A conch piercing is a cartilage piercing. This means that there will be harder tissue to pierce. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that it will hurt more. The skin covering the cartilage isn’t filled with nerve endings, so the pain level isn’t high. The piercing process might seem a little harsh because of the cartilage, but the pain won’t strike you as unbearable. Blood will flow out of your ear and it will take between 6 months and 1 year for this type of piercing to heal. As long as you choose the right jewel, you won’t have to deal with pain for a long time. Not sleeping on the pierced ear is always a good idea for as long as it still hurts.
The cleaning routine
Cleaning your ear at least twice per day is mostly recommended for exposed areas like the ear. What you’ll need is salt water and soap. Some people find it easier to put the salt water in a bottle with pulverization rather than using cotton pads. The hardened lymph from around the jewel has to soak in to be removed. Taking two showers per day just to clean your piercing isn’t exactly comfortable, so you can go for the bottle idea. Washing your ear with soap like you normally do shouldn’t be avoided, but done with extra care. A ring is easier to clean, but a stud allows less bacteria to go on and clothes don’t get stuck in it. Remember that you cannot change the initial piercing for at least one month.
1. Inner conch hoop in gold
The hoop looks awesome and many people prefer it. However, most people who already have a conch piercing recommend you to wear a stud for 6 months until it heals. Otherwise, it will slow down the healing process and make sleeping on the pierced ear difficult.
2. Double inner conch piercing
The inner cartilage of your ear is large enough to be pierced twice or trice. Pick a design that you really like or pick a jewel that makes you look like you have more piercings.
3. Accessorized conch stud
When you think of a stud, you shouldn’t only have the classical image of a bead in your head. There are accessories available in any shape and colors.
4. Crystal outer conch studs
The outer conch piercing is also popular. That area is easier to pierce because it is flat and it is situated near ear’s end.
5. Flower for your inner conch
Romantic women might aim for designs like this flower. You must know that it isn’t uncomfortable at all. It stays away from clothes and any type of things that might get stuck on it.
6. Two outer conch piercings
You can only see one enclosed bead ring in her cartilage, but that one required two holes. Judging by the bloody one, I think she had previously pierced the other one.
7. Triple conch piercings and jewelry
This idea is very popular at the moment. In fact, shops sell three jewelry that match for this exact purpose. Of course, you can put any type of jewelry you like.
8. Hoop with colored stones
Flashier and more extravagant than the stud, this jewel type is among people’s popular choices too! The fun side of an inner conch hole is that you can embellish it with different jewel types, including studs and hoops.
9. Large gauge jewel for the conch
The conch can be stretched, just like any other ear part. However, if you stretch an area with a cartilage, that area will not close naturally.
10. A conch and a helix at the same time
This piercing goes in through the conch area and out through the helix area. I’m not sure how complicated it is to be done, but it sure looks original!
11. An extended flowery design
This extended and flowery design doesn’t fit in the inner conch area, so wearing it in the outer conch area is ideal and it has a considerable effect on your looks!
12. Inner conch for the frog
Whether you see a jewel that you like and you must wear of you pierce your ear and you find the jewel later is not important. What’s important is to achieve such a fun and inspired look!
13. Rectangular shine in the inner cartilage
Gladly, the inner cartilage is wide enough to accommodate more than one bead. This design is rectangular and kicking!
14. Extreme ear modifications
Whether you are spicing things up or adding a new piercing to your already extremely modified ear is not important. The final result is amazing, so that’s what your aim should be!
15. A trio for a sensual woman
Femininity and romanticism are often associated with flowers and diamonds. If these two trains represent you, you can opt for a floral arrangement that requires three inner conch piercings.
16. A row of three stones in one
A very deceiving jewel style, this one doesn’t require you to have your ear pierced trice, but only once.
17. A flower on the outer conch
Flowers look nice as outer conch jewelry too! They can be easily mixed up with hoops or rings.
18. An effort for the pink unicorn
If you like this look, then I’d definitely say it’s worth enduring the pain of a conch piercing. You can probably find this jewel online, so keep looking if you truly want it!
19. Five stone conch piercing
A five stone conch piercing covers a larger area of your ear, but only needs one hole to do so.
20. Twisted ring for an interesting effect
Would you like to wear one jewel that covers half of your ear? You can do so by choosing a twisted ring.
21. Different colored five stone piercing
The galaxy theme is still trendy, so find the five stone piercing that looks like one!
22. A spike as an outer conch piercing
A simple jewelry like the stud with a spike can change the way you look. You can go from plain to cool with just one extra spike in your ear!
23. Scattered piercings all over the ear
A piercing doesn’t require a definitive plan. It can just be something you like right now and decide to keep later. This girl definitely didn’t have a plan, but all her piercings look nice.
24. Bloody, heart-shaped conch jewel
Not all people can pierce this exact area of their ear because we all have different ear shapes. However, her idea is bloody genius as there’s a bleeding heart in the picture.
25. Cross decorates the outer conch
A simple cross can illuminate a woman’s look thanks to placement and shininess.
26. Like a luxurious necklace
The jewel situated in this girl’s conch looks like a luxurious necklace. This is proof that jewelry isn’t only made for necks, wrists and fingers.
27. Just as luxurious but simpler
This woman’s choice in jewelry is just as luxurious, but simpler.
28. Triple conch done by the book
If you look carefully, you can see the marks this girl has on her ear. This is how piercing is done by the book to ensure a 100% success rate.
29. Black ring with silver bead
It goes without saying that you have unlimited combinations at your disposal when it comes to decorating your ear. This applies to jewelry and places to pierce.
30. A stud with a large ball
Large beads are able to attract more attention to an inner conch piercing. This is a good alternative for people who want to speed up the healing process of the ear and not prolong it by wearing rings.
31. Triple fire opal for the outer conch
Certain types of stone have certain influences on our bodies or they simply look pretty.
32. Triple inner conch design
Purple, green, red, pink or whatever color you like, you can customize the jewels in order to create this triple inner conch design.
33. Double outer conch and an inner conch piercing
Since someone was able to get three conch piercings, it means they aren’t that painful and they are worth the effort, right?
34. Fairy for your ear
This fairy shaped jewel fits perfectly on the outer conch, don’t you think? There are variously shaped piercings that fit just as good. You can search some and pick according to what you like.
35. A Ferido ball piercing
Another really cool idea is the Ferido ball piercing. This is how it looks!
36. Double hoops come in gold
Similar double hoops have a considerable visual impact. These come in gold, but there are others thinner, thicker and colored variously.
37. Ring with flat bead for you
A round bead will not sit as loosely and beautiful on the edge of your ear, but a flat bead one definitely will.
38. A combination between gold and black
Regardless of what types of ear piercings you have, you can pick a color combination like this blonde chick did.
39. Let the sun shine
A visually harmonious combination, these jewelry build a lot of character on this woman’s ear.
40. Two thin hoops
Thin hoops are delicate, but small ones aren’t. Jewelry that is too small will hurt your ear and it will not make it look good either.
41. Five crystal stones in one
Diamond-like stones bring in a touch of elegance to every woman. She did a great job with this choice!
42. Basic jewel for the inner conch
This ring is part of the basic jewelry. It is made out of a material that is non-allergenic and that doesn’t retain humidity or bacteria like silicone or plastic do.
43. Basic jewel part two
This is the stud with a bead model. It is part of the basic jewels as well and most often recommended for the inner conch piercing.
44. Large inner conch piercing
Large piercings draw more attention, but other than that they can be worn as ear accessories.
45. Ornamental hoops for ear’s edge
These two ornamental hoops look might elegant, but I can’t emphasize enough how important it is for them to be the right size. They are definitely too small.
46. Frog’s own ear place
Jewelry shaped like animals are cute. You can save a special place for them on your ear’s flat surface.
47. Titanium jewelry with shiny stones
Titanium jewelry is as good as that made from stainless steel. The stones don’t touch the skin, so they are perfect as conch piercing accessories.
48. Symbols in the outer conch
The surface available for the outer conch piercings is generous. You can wear symbols like stars and crosses.
49. Flat bead with opal stone
The flat bead is less preeminent than the normal bead and the stone makes everything look prettier.
50. Put a pearl on it
Like a pearl in its shell, this jewel and the inner conch piercing match perfectly! It all depends on what image you’d like to create for yourself.
51. Inner and outer conch piercing in one
One ring can go through two parts of your ear. This design is more complicated than others, so make sure to pick an experienced person for this!
52. Baby blue stone to match the hair
If you are a total fashion addict, you can match the color of your earrings with your hair or your clothes, or both.
53. From light blue to dark blue
Do you have a favorite color and like variety too? Opt for the same color in different shades as stones embedded in your piercings.
54. A ring with a pearly bead
As starter or not, this model of jewel is meant to go well together with the other two.
55. Edgy designs for modern looks
These edgy designs are modern. A conch piercing isn’t only suited for alternative people, but also for those who like to be fashionable and original at the same time.
56. Flat jewels love
Flat inner conch and flat flesh tunnel are this person’s choices.
57. Pretty little piercings
If extravagant, original or fashion statements are your goals, you can pick simple piercings for your style.
58. Beads for the inner conch piercing
A small bead situated next to a larger bead give a roomy impression for this woman’s inner conch area.
59. Three types of conch piercings
All these three piercings are situated in the ear’s cartilage. They are also on the same virtual line.
60. Clean and simple piercing options
Stylish doesn’t always mean complicated. These simple piercings are good enough to make a statement or embellish someone’s ear.
61. A trio of crystal beads
I wouldn’t say this combination is very inspired since the largest bead is too large. However, they are eye-catching.
62. Cool conch jewel on tattooed ear
This conch piercing idea is a little on the alternative side. As you can see, he has a tattoo and a flesh tunnel on the same ear.
63. Two drops of heavy metal
Beads from studs often look like drops thanks to light reflection . Do you like this look?
64. Inner rings decorating the outer ear
The two drops seen above can be easily replaced with two rings for a complete new look.
65. Outer drops of color
The green and the white beads match the tiny stones from the half moon she’s wearing in her lobe.
66. A flower and two buds
As mentioned before, this arrangement is hot right now! It looks like a flower with one bud on each side.
67. An outer conch gone wrong
When you attempt to stretch the cartilage of the ear, you must understand that it will not be able to close naturally anymore. A simple piercing will not cause much damage, but this is how your ear will look if you stretch the areas with cartilage.
68. The colors of the rainbow
Only looking at this idea makes me smile! It is positive, happy and rainbow-ish!
69. Twin jewelry for the ear
Do you like a jewel that much that you’d wear it all over your body? This is how it could look!
70. Create contrast with black accessories
Studs and barbells that come in black create appealing contrasts.
71. Can’t go wrong with this
The diversity of ear piercings presented in this picture includes an inner conch piercing and an outer conch piercing.
72. A row of outer conch piercings
As soon as you experience the pain of a cartilage piercing once, you won’t be afraid to do it again. This gal is proof that five cartilage piercings aren’t too much.
73. Six tiny beads shaped like a flower
If you don’t opt for large gauge jewels, you can fit six tiny ones on your outer ear. If you are creative too, you can build patterns such as this flower.
74. Keep it simple with simple beads
You might consider getting pierced and waiting until they are healed. Later on, you can wear something other than these simple studs with beads.
75. A very colorful choice
Decorating your ear is only up to you. This very colorful idea is worthy of consideration though!
76. Flat beads in neutral colors
Do you want jewelry to blend in with your ear? Consider something that looks like this!
77. Not your first piercing choice
The conch might not be anyone’s first ear piercing choice. This is because it looks painful although it isn’t and because many individuals start off with a lobe piercing.
78. Three little lights of hope
If you imagine the inner conch part of the ear as a semi-dark tunnel, you can put some shiny stones inside to make it brighter!
79. The simplest outer conch piercing possible
There’s nothing simpler than getting a straight hole in the ear’s flat surface and filling it with a stud.
80. Flat beads with patterns
If you are not the type of person who likes precious stones, crystals or different colored beads, then you might like the flat beads with patterns. These have virtually any image you can think of printed under a layer of silicone. Go badass with a skull pattern or girly with a pink rose.
81. Make a statement you believe in
Piercings are more than accessories. You know it and everybody knows it. You can send multiple messages through your piercings. It is only up to you if you want to flaunt your true belief or not. Piercings are also a lot of fun, so you can stick to that.
82. Hoops for boys
When boys try out conch piercings, they usually go for this type. They like hoops because they are good at expressing masculinity more than other types of piercings.
83. A flower with three petals
As a final note, the flower with three petals only requires one hole to go through the cartilage. It is a good starter jewel only if the materials contained by it are 100% non-allergenic. If something is not right about the jewel you pick, a professional will tell you.
Pay for professional services
Most professional shops ask between $30 and $40 for a conch piercing. If you want more than one, they usually have offers that look like this: $35 each/$65 pair/$95 trio. Picking a piercing technician with experience is essential. It will hurt less and you will enjoy it more if it is perfectly placed and in 100% sanitary conditions. A professional will be friendly and try to be as gentle as possible. These traits only come with experience, so don’t hesitate to pay more if that’s what it takes. Ask questions and decide on the jewel type on the spot if you can’t makeup your mind beforehand. Happy piercing!