The bridge piercing is commonly located between one’s eyes. Its exact placement depends on each person’s face shape and skin available to pierce. Since it is a surface piercing, some complications might be involved, but they’re not a sure thing. What’s certain is that this type of piercing is funky and can definitely contribute to your alternative image. As it follows you’ll see numerous alt girls who have found a way to include it in their looks with maximum success. Only bold ladies and gents out there are brave enough to go through with this.
Also called the Erl or Earl piercing, the bridge piercing isn’t a threat to your eyes or sinuses for that matter. These are myths born due to people’s exaggerations. However, it might leave you with an ugly scar if your body decides to reject it. You can’t do anything about that aspect, so make sure it’s a risk you can assume. If your body does want to push it out, it’s best for you to just take it out. The same can happen with both vertical bridge and horizontal bridge piercings.
The pain factor
- 1 90 Modern Bridge Piercing Ideas
- 1.1 1. The horizontal bridge piercing
- 1.2 2. The best location for an Erl piercing
- 1.3 3. Right between your eyes
- 1.4 4. Straight barbell or curved barbell
- 1.5 5. Horizontal Erl with silver beads
- 1.6 6. Black curved barbell for the nose bridge
- 1.7 7. Double bridge piercings placed horizontally
- 1.8 8. Bar length chosen according to nose size
- 1.9 9. A different type of Erl piercing
- 1.10 10. A series of bridge piercings
- 1.11 11. Nicely healed Earl piercing
- 1.12 12. A perfectly defined nose
- 1.13 13. Straight barbell for thick skin
- 1.14 14. Large beads for a thin nose
- 1.15 15. Always beware of migration
- 1.16 16. Vertical bridge piercing idea
- 1.17 17. Erl piercing and upper nostril piercing
- 1.18 18. Microdermals instead of regular piercings
- 1.19 19. Opt for the perfect combo
- 1.20 20. Vertical and horizontal combination
- 1.21 21. Small gauge and small beads
- 1.22 22. Piercing parallel to the eye
- 1.23 23. Keep it on the center line
- 1.24 24. A classic vertical Earl
- 1.25 25. Inverted curved barbell wear
- 1.26 26. Leave colored jewelry for later
- 1.27 27. Eyeglasses shouldn’t touch the piercing
- 1.28 28. This is an ideal alignment
- 1.29 29. Natural eyebrows and bridge barbell
- 1.30 30. Keep the makeup away
- 1.31 31. Keep it natural for a while
- 1.32 32. Microdermals placed as a vertical bridge
- 1.33 33. Spooky look with eye lenses
- 1.34 34. The Erl piercing vs. crosses eyes
- 1.35 35. Too long isn’t fit
- 1.36 36. Obtain a fiercer look
- 1.37 37. The bridge piercing will elongate an oval face
- 1.38 38. Fake jewelry for fun
- 1.39 39. Think about the scars
- 1.40 40. Great addition to the alt style
- 1.41 41. Classic beauty with piercings
- 1.42 42. Any kind of combination goes
- 1.43 43. The rare teardrop effect
- 1.44 44. Tiny vs. large nose piercings
- 1.45 45. Bridge piercing fit for different styles
- 1.46 46. Vertical Erl contributes to the cuteness effect
- 1.47 47. Good choice in piercings
- 1.48 48. Extra large beads choice
- 1.49 49. Looking pretty on a happy face
- 1.50 50. Large jewelry is her thing
- 1.51 51. The most desirable combo
- 1.52 52. Purple beads for a funky effect
- 1.53 53. Black is the most popular color
- 1.54 54. Femininity with a touch of uncommon
- 1.55 55. Hats won’t cover it
- 1.56 56. Make sure your piercing fits
- 1.57 57. Well-chosen face jewelry
- 1.58 58. Erl, the fashion statement
- 1.59 59. When Erl and eyeglasses meet
- 1.60 60. Gothic beauty with bridge piercing
- 1.61 61. There is beauty in every style
- 1.62 62. Glamorous blonde wears an Earl
- 1.63 63. Punk style meets the Erl
- 1.64 64. Vampire look completed with piercings
- 1.65 65. High cuteness level reached
- 1.66 66. Piercings for goth girls
- 1.67 67. A black and white presentation
- 1.68 68. Swollen and sore points
- 1.69 69. An impeccable look
- 1.70 70. A very happy customer
- 1.71 71. Dramatic look with large jewels
- 1.72 72. Pin Up style meets the Erl
- 1.73 73. A million dollar look
- 1.74 74. Soft gold for the eyes
- 1.75 75. Three nose piercing types
- 1.76 76. Eyeglasses vs. the Erl
- 1.77 77. Fashion at its best
- 1.78 78. Make sure your piercing is straight
- 1.79 79. Go for balance
- 1.80 80. Tiny spikes for an edgy look
- 1.81 81. High nose bridge piercing
- 1.82 82. A triangle made of piercings
- 1.83 83. Classy with piercings on
- 1.84 84. Nose as the favorite piercing area
- 1.85 85. The look of a doll
- 1.86 86. Adornments for the nose
- 1.87 87. Attracting attention to your eyes
- 1.88 88. A flawless figure with piercings
- 1.89 89. Matching golden jewelry
- 1.90 Pay for professional services
Surface piercings tend to hurt more than others, but the thickness of the pierced skin is also important. Other types of surface piercings are the eyebrow piercings and the belly button piercings. You can’t compare the soft tissue of the belly button with eyebrow skin, so the pain increases. As long as the piercer chooses a small gauge straight barbell or curved barbell, you shouldn’t be afraid. Also, prepare for a period between 8 and 12 weeks when you will have to clean and care for your new addition.
The cleaning routine
Keeping your nose’s bridge clean and disinfected is the best you can do to speed up the healing process. Wash it with antibacterial soap and rinse it with salt water at least twice per day until it’s no longer sore or sensitive. Continue with the same routine until it is fully healed. Don’t use makeup or any cosmetic products on it and cover it with your hand in case you use hairspray. Try not to play with it and make sure the jewelry you’re wearing is comfortable.
90 Modern Bridge Piercing Ideas
1. The horizontal bridge piercing
The horizontal type of Erl piercing is the most common one. She is wearing a curved barbell, which is the best jewelry shape you can opt for.
2. The best location for an Erl piercing
The place on your nose with the loosest skin is the best location to pierce and prevent rejection for this style.
3. Right between your eyes
Your bridge piercing might not be placed right between your eyes due to the available tissue. Choose the safest location suggested by a professional piercer.
4. Straight barbell or curved barbell
Besides the straight barbell and the curved barbell, you can also wear a D-shaped ring, but not an enclosed beaded ring because that puts pressure on the skin and might lead to migration.
5. Horizontal Erl with silver beads
Just as with any other facial piercings, this one stands out more or less depending on the color of the beads that you choose.
6. Black curved barbell for the nose bridge
As you can see, pale skin creates a beautiful contrast with a black jewelry.
7. Double bridge piercings placed horizontally
If your skin allows it, you can wear not one, but two horizontally placed bridge piercings for an augmented effect.
8. Bar length chosen according to nose size
You shouldn’t be able to see the jewelry without looking in the mirror. You should only see your nose as usually.
9. A different type of Erl piercing
The piercing you see below this girl’s eye is basically a bridge piercing. Another location for this type of piercing is the nape of the neck.
10. A series of bridge piercings
This chick has two bridge piercings in her nose and two under each eye. A little extreme, don’t you think? Good for her!
11. Nicely healed Earl piercing
In order to have a nicely healed skin, avoid makeup and hairspray from getting to it.
12. A perfectly defined nose
This piercing type may help with nose definition. The right size and placement are the secrets to it.
13. Straight barbell for thick skin
If the skin between your eyes is thick enough, going for a straight barbell is safe.
14. Large beads for a thin nose
Large beads can balance the way your nose looks like if it is thin at the beginning and wider at the end.
15. Always beware of migration
Migration may occur after you pierce yourself or after a long time. Pay attention to how the hole looks; whether it shrinks or becomes loose.
16. Vertical bridge piercing idea
Now this is a long straight barbell! Not everyone can get one alike, that’s why you should discuss it with a professional.
17. Erl piercing and upper nostril piercing
Both these nose piercings are part of the less common types. They look funky and cool though!
18. Microdermals instead of regular piercings
There is no way this chick has normal piercings on her forehead. They are probably microdermals.
19. Opt for the perfect combo
A bridge piercing is not easy to match with other piercings. However, base you decisions on geometry. That trick always works.
20. Vertical and horizontal combination
While the horizontal barbell is inserted the old fashion way, the vertical ones are most definitely microdermals.
21. Small gauge and small beads
Less skin damage and less weight should result in a healthier piecing.
22. Piercing parallel to the eye
A cheek bridge piercing if you like, this one is also a surface piercing and includes the same risks.
23. Keep it on the center line
This is a very cool idea of how you can wear many piercings located on the center line of your face.
24. A classic vertical Earl
The skin must be lifted in order to be pierced. Try to do so to figure out if you can get one!
25. Inverted curved barbell wear
This girl’s piercing seems like a deep one, but, in fact, she has a curved barbell rolled towards her nose bone. Clever!
26. Leave colored jewelry for later
Keep the original jewelry for 12 weeks and be extra careful when you change it with another.
27. Eyeglasses shouldn’t touch the piercing
You probably think that if you wear eyeglasses, you cannot wear a bridge piercing. That is wrong. A professional is able to place it so that they don’t bump into each other.
28. This is an ideal alignment
The beads may be aligned to where your eyebrows start. It does look ideal.
29. Natural eyebrows and bridge barbell
Your natural eyebrows may serve as guidelines.
30. Keep the makeup away
I cannot emphasize enough how important it is for you to keep makeup away from an open wound. Her tissue isn’t fully healed, even if she looks pretty. Buildup may lead to infections.
31. Keep it natural for a while
This makeup free, natural look suits you too!
32. Microdermals placed as a vertical bridge
These two are definitely microdermals. In case you didn’t know, microdermals are piercings inserted under the skin, with one entry point and no exit point.
33. Spooky look with eye lenses
Gold is fancy, but those lenses are spooky. Do you like her style?
34. The Erl piercing vs. crosses eyes
Such piercing will not affect your eyes. Whatever you hear otherwise is wrong.
35. Too long isn’t fit
This could be a poor choice in barbell or a shrinked hole that means the piercing is migrating.
36. Obtain a fiercer look
Any piercing you’d have on your face, it would attract attention to it. In this case, it could make your look fiercer.
37. The bridge piercing will elongate an oval face
If you don’t mind the slight elongating effect, then it may fit your face too!
38. Fake jewelry for fun
Try on fake jewelry for your nose to see if it suits you!
39. Think about the scars
Would you might two tiny dots on your nose in the future? Will you be able to cover them with concealer?
40. Great addition to the alt style
Tattoos and piercings make a great pair! Combine them wisely!
41. Classic beauty with piercings
However, you don’t have to be an alt girl to rock piercings!
42. Any kind of combination goes
Whether this would be your first piercing or not, you should trust your gut and make sure you want it!
43. The rare teardrop effect
Her beads look like perfect teardrops.
44. Tiny vs. large nose piercings
While this combo looks cool, it might encourage rejection.
45. Bridge piercing fit for different styles
Short haired or long haired, the bridge piercing isn’t pretentious when it comes to looks. It’s only pretentious when it comes to healing.
46. Vertical Erl contributes to the cuteness effect
I don’t know if her dimples or her vertical Erl make this girl look so cute, but both certainly do!
47. Good choice in piercings
While this girl made good choice in piercings, I can’t say the same about her eyebrows. Bridge piercings look better with well-groomed eyebrows.
48. Extra large beads choice
Visually speaking, these extra large beads look cool. However, the weight factor should be considered.
49. Looking pretty on a happy face
Any piercing looks even better on a happy face! Remember to smile!
50. Large jewelry is her thing
Even with her large jewelry, this girl still looks graceful. Taste is everything.
51. The most desirable combo
There is no perfect combo of face piercings; only the one that you desire.
52. Purple beads for a funky effect
After 12 weeks, you can wear any colored jewel you like!
53. Black is the most popular color
If you take some time to look at all these pictures, you’ll notice that black is the most popular color for a bridge piercing.
54. Femininity with a touch of uncommon
Since this is a unisex piercing, it shouldn’t enhance femininity as its goal, but it sure does for her.
55. Hats won’t cover it
Eyebrow piercings are easily covered by hats, but not Earl piercings!
56. Make sure your piercing fits
An inappropriate jewel might ruin your whole look. Her bridge jewel is too long and her lip rings are too big.
57. Well-chosen face jewelry
For example, she has chosen the most fitted jewelry for her face piercings.
58. Erl, the fashion statement
All piercings are fashion statements, including the Erl.
59. When Erl and eyeglasses meet
The frame of your eyeglasses should not touch your piercing.
60. Gothic beauty with bridge piercing
Goth, hippie, alt or any style you can think of doesn’t stay in the way of a bridge piercing.
61. There is beauty in every style
As I mentioned at the beginning, alt girls tend to opt for the bridge piercing more than other types of girls.
62. Glamorous blonde wears an Earl
As long as you don’t use makeup during the healing period, you can use as much as you want to get that glamorous look!
63. Punk style meets the Erl
I bet Erl, the guy who first got a bridge piercing, didn’t know how popular it will become.
64. Vampire look completed with piercings
Her fangs are the only things missing from her look.
65. High cuteness level reached
Tough or cute, the bridge is complementary!
66. Piercings for goth girls
Painting your eyebrows has to be paused for when the tissue heals.
67. A black and white presentation
The bridge piercing fits right in among all her beautiful ear and lip piercings, don’t you think?
68. Swollen and sore points
A little swelling and soreness are completely normal for the first 2 weeks.
69. An impeccable look
Well-cared for piercings contribute to the creation of an impeccable look.
70. A very happy customer
That’s how happy you should look when you leave the piercing parlor!
71. Dramatic look with large jewels
Although not recommended, large jewels can help you get a dramatic look.
72. Pin Up style meets the Erl
Attractive and coquette, pin up girls always look good!
73. A million dollar look
This girl has mastered the art of makeup and piercing care!
74. Soft gold for the eyes
Gold is a color that compliments a warm skin tone.
75. Three nose piercing types
This girl is sporting a bridge piercing, two upper nostril piercings and a septum piercing.
76. Eyeglasses vs. the Erl
Those who wear eyeglasses shouldn’t avoid the Erl.
77. Fashion at its best
If you’re already a diva, spice things up with the right piercings!
78. Make sure your piercing is straight
The piercer should mark the in and out spots to make sure the piercing will be straight.
79. Go for balance
Wearing a small bead and a large bead on the same barbell will create an imbalance.
80. Tiny spikes for an edgy look
She added some edge to her look with those spikes!
81. High nose bridge piercing
There’s a perfect spot for the bridge piercing on every face. Locate it with the help of a professional or try to use Photoshop and find it yourself!
82. A triangle made of piercings
This babe looks so nice with her face piercings, because they all create a triangle, that’s a harmonious geometrical shape.
83. Classy with piercings on
You can look classy even if you are wearing face piercings. Don’t take them off for the sake of others, unless that’s what you want.
84. Nose as the favorite piercing area
If you already love nose piercings, you must have a bridge piercing too!
85. The look of a doll
I’m sure her face expression is just acting. It’s reassuring to see that frowning and the Erl don’t look bad together.
86. Adornments for the nose
Create an optical illusion by adorning your nose with piercings that elongate it visually. This helps if you don’t have an oval face.
87. Attracting attention to your eyes
I could’ve missed the beauty of this girl’s eyes if I wasn’t looking at her bridge piercing. That would’ve definitely be a shame since she has mesmerizing eyes. Attract attention to yours with an Erl!
88. A flawless figure with piercings
You can be your flawless self by adding anything you want on your face. This includes makeup, piercings and why not, tattoos. Your personal content should be your priority. Always.
89. Matching golden jewelry
I was always a fan of matching jewelry, so I really like her look! There are numerous shades of gold, so try to buy them all at once to avoid wearing multiple shades. Creating such look takes patience, especially if you order the jewelry online and you have to wait for the package to arrive at your place!
Pay for professional services
The bridge piercing is not something you can play with. If it is not placed properly by a professional in sterile conditions, it can get infected, rejected and leave unwanted scars. Choose a piercer with experience and pay more if you have to. On average, prices range between $40 and $90 at a piercing parlor. It is recommended to discuss jewelry and exact location with a professional prior to the piercing session to make sure everything will go smoothly. A friendly professional offers services that are worth paying for. Happy piercing!