The following helix piercing ideas are amazing and will dazzle you! What’s great about them is that they fit to each style. Going for a helix piercing or a forward helix piercing or even both will have a positive impact on your look. In addition, you’ll be your trendiest self with affordable and cool jewelry to decorate your ears.
The pain factor
- 1 1. Forward helix and helix piercing ideas
- 1.1 2. The simplest helix to get
- 1.2 3. An extended helix type
- 1.3 4. Golden twig on ear
- 1.4 5. Following your outer ear line
- 1.5 6. Double helix piercing with a golden touch
- 1.6 7. An infinity ring as silver lining
- 1.7 8. Different and opposite piercings
- 1.8 9. Decorate your outer ear with love
- 1.9 10. Inspiration in piercings and doves
- 1.10 11. Double helix is double fun
- 1.11 12. The stylish ear cuff
- 1.12 13. Crown you year with sparkles
- 1.13 14. Twisted arrow piercing your cartilage
- 1.14 15. Pretty diamonds and a ring
- 1.15 16. Connect your ear with jewelry
- 1.16 17. Inner and outer effects of the heart
- 1.17 18. Thick upper cartilage piercing
- 1.18 19. Filigreed upper ear band
- 1.19 20. The triple helix fascination
- 1.20 21. Teardrop and tears as jewelry
- 1.21 22. Infinity ring to match the other rings
- 1.22 23. Double helix to complete the view
- 1.23 24. Go big or don’t do it at all
- 1.24 25. Different sized beads for your ear
- 1.25 26. A shield of golden helixes
- 1.26 27. Captive bead rings for the upper ear
- 1.27 28. Simple, but twisted
- 1.28 29. Wear a pearl necklace in your ear
- 1.29 30. Opal tones embedded in princess crown
- 1.30 31. Large flower ornament
- 1.31 32. Helix piercing ideas for gold lovers
- 1.32 33. Flashy for your moment to shine
- 1.33 34. Double helix with shiny stones
- 1.34 35. Wear your favorites throughout the ear
- 1.35 36. Feather for your free spirit
- 1.36 37. A row of decorative circles
- 1.37 38. Peace, star, moon
- 1.38 39. Extravagant look with circular jewels
- 1.39 40. Wear a precious symbol
- 1.40 41. Attach a wing to your helix
- 1.41 42. Large-gauge helix piercing
- 1.42 43. A touch of serenity
- 1.43 44. Silver is not really recommended
- 1.44 45. Shine away, lady!
- 1.45 46. A trio for your ear’s cartilage
- 1.46 47. A pretty little star
- 1.47 48. Bright stones shining from your ear
- 1.48 49. As simple as it gets
- 1.49 50. Rebellion and femininity
- 1.50 51. The universe and the rainbow in one place
- 1.51 52. Dove flying beside you
- 1.52 53. Barbell helix piercing jewelry
- 1.53 54. Triple helix piercings come in one package
- 1.54 55. Crystal helix earring for $10
- 1.55 56. Forward helix opposite to helix
- 1.56 57. A hoop earring with a feather
- 1.57 58. Make your ear, your universe
- 1.58 59. Thin helix hoops
- 1.59 60. The effect of a spiral
- 1.60 61. The Moon and the Earth
- 1.61 62. Three turquoise barbells as forward helixes
- 1.62 63. A unique reflection of taste
- 1.63 64. An ear cuff and a thin hoop
- 1.64 65. Golden feather touch
- 1.65 66. Support breast cancer and candor
- 1.66 67. Go for the unconventional
- 1.67 68. Captive bead ring times three
- 1.68 69. Freshly pierced ear cartilage
- 1.69 70. A feather ear cuff
- 1.70 71. Choose a style that represents you
- 1.71 72. An anchor to keep you grounded
- 1.72 73. Best first timer choice
- 1.73 74. Two entry spiral
- 1.74 75. Circles for positivity
- 1.75 76. Crystal studs and rings
- 1.76 77. A trio of crystal studs
- 1.77 78. A trio of green barbells
- 1.78 79. Perfect placement is key
- 1.79 80. The black flower look
- 1.80 81. Hoops are for safety
- 1.81 82. Infinity ring for less beads
- 1.82 83. Expose your spirituality
- 1.83 84. Discreet and meaningful
- 1.84 85. One of each
- 1.85 86. Play with colors and motifs
- 1.86 87. Go big and go triple
- 1.87 88. The icy jewelry
- 1.88 89. A black heart design
- 1.89 90. Golden Hamsa Hand
- 1.90 91. A gathering of three
- 1.91 92. Flat, golden circle jewel
- 1.92 Pay for professional services
The pain level between a helix and a forward helix piercing is considerable. The forward helix will be more painful than the regular one because that area is more sensitive. On a scale from 1 to 10, a forward helix piercing will reach 6, while a normal helix will stay at 2. However, your pain tolerance might be higher than these stats.
The cleaning routine
Like any other piercing, this type will need regular cleaning. All the general cleaning rules apply to it. Also, you might want to avoid sleeping on the pierced ear, going swimming and playing with your piercing for a while. Since you’re piercing your cartilage, it will take longer to heal than a lip piercing for example. Therefore, you need patience to care for it regularly until it heals.
1. Forward helix and helix piercing ideas
Double forward helix matches superbly with triple helix, don’t you think?
2. The simplest helix to get
This is one example of a simple helix piercing. The jewelry you choose is up to you.
3. An extended helix type
This trendy girl doesn’t have three piercings in her upper ear. She only has one, that is extended on both sides. The floral pattern accentuates her femininity.
4. Golden twig on ear
Among all the helix piercing ideas out there, those applied to men aren’t numerous. However, here’s an inspired example!
5. Following your outer ear line
Embellishing your outer ear is simple with the help of multiple piercings. You can opt for a lobe and helix combo to achieve your desired look.
6. Double helix piercing with a golden touch
The touch of gold as a warm color and precious metal goes hand in hand with the location of helix piercings.
7. An infinity ring as silver lining
Whether or not you have multiple piercings in your ear, adding a simple, golden infinity ring will enhance its look.
8. Different and opposite piercings
The forward helix and normal helix don’t have to match or even be placed on the same virtual line.
9. Decorate your outer ear with love
Heart-shaped jewelry are really popular right now. People are dying to have one of those on their ears! It is this year’s must have!
10. Inspiration in piercings and doves
Thanks to the available diversity, you can wear any jewelry you want in your cartilage. However, you must be careful not to hurt your ear with heavy designs. In addition, changing the jewel too soon might cause swelling, soreness and redness.
11. Double helix is double fun
Mix things up with a double helix and two differently-shaped jewels!
12. The stylish ear cuff
This jewelry type used to be really popular during the 90s. It seems like it is back, so don’t hesitate to flaunt it once you pierce your ear.
13. Crown you year with sparkles
This curves jewels with 5 rubies looks like a princess’s crown. Do you want to feel like a princess? Steal this idea!
14. Twisted arrow piercing your cartilage
Bent and protective of your cartilage, this arrow talks about recklessness and courage too.
15. Pretty diamonds and a ring
From wild to totally fancy, this is how much jewelry can change one’s image.
16. Connect your ear with jewelry
A cool helix piercing and a lobe piercing have much in common, besides being placed on the same ear. They are connected by an anchor and heavy chains.
17. Inner and outer effects of the heart
Hearts are pretty and, when it comes to symbolism, also deep. Display your feelings!
18. Thick upper cartilage piercing
Thick is the opposite of gracefulness. It makes me think of empowerment and strength. See? You can even send a message with one of these helix piercing ideas!
19. Filigreed upper ear band
Flowers etched in silver tend to charm a lot of people, including graceful ladies.
20. The triple helix fascination
People say that once you start piercing your ear’s cartilage, it will be difficult to stop. I do approve her trio!
21. Teardrop and tears as jewelry
Is it just me or this piercings arrangement looks like tears?
22. Infinity ring to match the other rings
The infinity ring has virtually no beginning and no end, so it fits as helix piercing.
23. Double helix to complete the view
In order to obtain balance, you cannot let your earlobe full and your upper ear empty. Therefore, adding a couple of helix piercings will have a harmonious effect!
24. Go big or don’t do it at all
I bet this lady is planning on getting a piercing in every area of her ear! So far, she did great with the tragus and helix piercing!
25. Different sized beads for your ear
Beads are versatile enough to flatter any area of the ear. This is an example of different sized beads that look wonderful together!
26. A shield of golden helixes
I always thought 4 helix piercings in a row look like an armor for the ear. For the warrior within!
27. Captive bead rings for the upper ear
The captive bead rings are ideal as starter jewelry for a helix piercing.
28. Simple, but twisted
Not really a spiral, but definitely a twisted piercing, this one is simple and trendy too!
29. Wear a pearl necklace in your ear
Pearls are not only for sophisticated and rich women. Anyone can afford a pearl-look a like jewelry for the ear!
30. Opal tones embedded in princess crown
Opal stones look amazing on sensitive and elegant women. You don’t have to keep it simple to look stylish. A princess crown for the ear looks best!
31. Large flower ornament
In case you want to draw imminent attention to your ear, you can wear a large jewel as helix piercing.
32. Helix piercing ideas for gold lovers
If gold is your favorite precious metal, you can use it to decorate your ear. All types of piercings go hand in hand with gold because it is an almost 100% non-allergenic material.
33. Flashy for your moment to shine
Sparkly stones are flashy and can help you achieve that eye-catching, shiny look.
34. Double helix with shiny stones
Double the shininess effect with two helix piercings placed side by side!
35. Wear your favorites throughout the ear
Upper and lower ear piercings can meet and form a semi-circle. Choose symbols that define you!
36. Feather for your free spirit
What looks like a normal, circular jewel can mean a lot with the right charms on it.
37. A row of decorative circles
This jewel type doesn’t require you to have more than one hole. However, you can’t wear it until your tissue is fully healed because you can’t really clean the wound.
38. Peace, star, moon
As long as the jewel’s material is non-allergenic and it gives you enough freedom of movement to clean the pierced area, you can wear any shape you desire.
39. Extravagant look with circular jewels
Having a plan for how your ear is supposed to look after you pierce it in all the right places is ideal! You can come up with something extravagant like this!
40. Wear a precious symbol
A symbol that hangs from a ring is no impediment. This type can be worn from day 1.
41. Attach a wing to your helix
Most helix piercing ideas are classic, but special thanks to the choice in shape.
42. Large-gauge helix piercing
This one looks like a large-gauge piercing. This isn’t a problem. The problem occurs when the hole is too small.
43. A touch of serenity
This particular shade of blue makes me think of serenity. Add a touch of color to your ear too!
44. Silver is not really recommended
The piercing type worn by this girl is usually made of silver. Silver isn’t a recommended choice for piercings. Try to opt for stainless steel, titanium or gold.
45. Shine away, lady!
Unless you cover your ear in diamonds, don’t be afraid of using too much sparkle!
46. A trio for your ear’s cartilage
Instead of wearing one, long piercing with three beads, you can get 3 separate piercings in order to have more styling options.
47. A pretty little star
The position of the helix piercing is crucial. Make sure you discuss it with the piercing technician and keep in mind what kind of jewelry you’d like to wear.
48. Bright stones shining from your ear
Elegance and finesse have always been appreciated. Stay trendy and elegant with this piercing pattern!
49. As simple as it gets
Not in the mood for an extravagant look? No problem! Opt for discreet jewelry.
50. Rebellion and femininity
You could consider these helix piercing ideas a rebellion as to the conventional ways. If so, this woman is both rebel and feminine thanks to the ear lobe flower.
51. The universe and the rainbow in one place
If you are playful and always keep track of what’s hot and not, you must have this piercing style!
52. Dove flying beside you
We all need hope in our lives, even if that’s under the form of a dove and it’s hanging from our ears!
53. Barbell helix piercing jewelry
If you like her jewelry, search for barbells in order to find similar ones!
54. Triple helix piercings come in one package
This trio of so popular and liked that sellers offer them in packages, rather than separately.
55. Crystal helix earring for $10
You can pay as little as $10 for a simple barbell with or without crystals or curious shapes.
56. Forward helix opposite to helix
A gold hoop earring combined with a barbell confers enough diversity and style options for anyone. They might hurt more if done in one sitting.
57. A hoop earring with a feather
Prepare to see this design embellishing many ears! It is an ideal combination between looks and meanings.
58. Make your ear, your universe
Jewelry that looks like the galaxy and the planets in it are all over too! You can build your own universe on your ear!
59. Thin helix hoops
If you opt for two thin helix hoops, you can obtain the same effect as when you wear a thick hoop.
60. The effect of a spiral
The spiral effect can be faked or can be real. You either need 1 hole or 3.
61. The Moon and the Earth
The area between helix and forward helix can also be pierced! It can accommodate larger jewels.
62. Three turquoise barbells as forward helixes
If you have enough room and tolerance to pain, you should give this design a shot!
63. A unique reflection of taste
Possibly not as visible as earlobe piercings, helix piercings can express taste too.
64. An ear cuff and a thin hoop
Playing with patterns and sizes is always recommended in order to come up with the best helix piercing ideas.
65. Golden feather touch
66. Support breast cancer and candor
67. Go for the unconventional
68. Captive bead ring times three
69. Freshly pierced ear cartilage
70. A feather ear cuff
71. Choose a style that represents you
72. An anchor to keep you grounded
73. Best first timer choice
74. Two entry spiral
75. Circles for positivity
76. Crystal studs and rings
77. A trio of crystal studs
78. A trio of green barbells
79. Perfect placement is key
80. The black flower look
81. Hoops are for safety
82. Infinity ring for less beads
83. Expose your spirituality
84. Discreet and meaningful
85. One of each
86. Play with colors and motifs
87. Go big and go triple
88. The icy jewelry
89. A black heart design
90. Golden Hamsa Hand
91. A gathering of three
92. Flat, golden circle jewel
Pay for professional services
Unless you want to inflict permanent damage to your ear, you should find a professional salon to get pierced. The price range goes from $20 to $60 for a helix or a forward helix piercing. So, it wouldn’t be a huge sacrifice to save this money and spend it wisely. Especially the forward helix piercing must be handled with care in maximum hygienic conditions. Happy piercing!