Men piercings are just as popular as women piercings, but you guys don’t really care about fashion or give a piercing too much thought. So, if it looks cool to you, you might get it without having second thoughts. That’s just perfect because there are some serious examples below that will enhance your confidence and decorate your body in a way nothing else can. According to official statistics, nipple piercings and eyebrow piercings are among the preferred types of piercings among men. They are followed by ear cartilage piercings, tongue piercings, nose piercings, lip piercings and genital piercings. We won’t give you any ideas regarding the last category though!
The pain factor
- 1 The pain factor
- 2 The cleaning routine
- 3 1. Earlobe piercings and septum horseshoe
- 4 2. A tricky upper cartilage piercing
- 5 3. Flesh tunnel and a large septum piercing
- 6 4. Clean look with a septum piercing
- 7 5. Rugged look with flesh tunnels and a nose piercing
- 8 6. A nicely decorated profile
- 9 7. An eyebrow piercing for more charm
- 10 8. Lip horseshoe and ear ornaments
- 11 9. Huge flesh tunnels and a nose adornment
- 12 10. Cool guy with an industrial piercing
- 13 11. A charming stud with a septum ring
- 14 12. Sparkly jewelry for men piercings
- 15 13. Nostril ring and a big smile
- 16 14. Artistic view of a lower lip piercing
- 17 15. Matching double eyebrow piercings
- 18 16. Symmetry and a central piercing
- 19 17. A celebrity with a nostril stud
- 20 18. Lenny Kravitz’s nostril piercings
- 21 19. Slick guy scattered with cool piercings
- 22 20. Pretty boy relies on symmetry
- 23 21. Double rings in the cartilage
- 24 22. David Beckham and his earlobe jewelry
- 25 23. Nipple piercings and a couple more
- 26 24. Spider bites and a nice smile
- 27 25. Straight barbell with large beads
- 28 26. Young guy sports bridge and septum piercings
- 29 27. Sporty look with a lip piercing
- 30 28. Closed bead ring for the nostril
- 31 29. Youngster with a lip addition
- 32 30. Spikes on a curved bead for eyebrows
- 33 31. Corset piercings for advanced pierced men
- 34 32. The versatile septum piercing
- 35 33. Thin ring for your septum piercing
- 36 34. A smiley piercing for a good laugh
- 37 35. Large gauge ring for the septum
- 38 36. Neat jewelry for an original look
- 39 37. Double nose and double ear piercings
- 40 38. A row of ear piercings
- 41 39. Stretched ear in progress
- 42 40. A simple nostril piercing
- 43 41. Adding edge to a simple look
- 44 42. A piercing for each eyebrow
- 45 43. Infinity ring for the septum
- 46 44. A happy guy with colored piercings
- 47 45. Alternative models are hot
- 48 46. Septum and lip piercings aligned
- 49 47. A simple labret piercing
- 50 48. Half of a snake bite
- 51 49. A complete set of snake bites
- 52 50. A horizontal eyebrow piercing
- 53 51. Curved barbell placed diagonally
- 54 52. Justin Bieber and his earlobe piercing
- 55 53. Rugged look with thick jewelry
- 56 54. A fresh piercing in the eyebrow
- 57 55. Lenny Kravitz and his signature piercings
- 58 56. A Medusa and a tear drop
- 59 57. Black barbells for manly eyebrows
- 60 58. Tough look with a touch of finesse
- 61 59. Cute bearded man wearing septum and vertical labret piercings
- 62 60. Cheek piercings for men
- 63 61. Bridge and flesh tunnels
- 64 62. Punk style with a labret piercing
- 65 63. Men piercings all over the face
- 66 64. Pretty boy with snake bites and huge flesh tunnels
- 67 65. The uncommon Rhino piercing
- 68 66. Eyebrow ring for a cool boy style
- 69 67. Silver piercings for a badass look
- 70 68. Flashy septum and earlobe jewelry
- 71 69. True marks of style
- 72 70. Huge stretched ears and microdermals
- 73 71. Tragus, conch and nose piercings
- 74 72. Style and finesse with shiny studs
- 75 73. A skater look with hoodie included
- 76 74. Fitted jewelry for a man’s face
- 77 75. A nostril ring might be what you need
- 78 76. Silver nose ring matches other accessories
- 79 77. You can’t go wrong with snake bites and flesh tunnels
- 80 78. White as the 3rd most popular color
- 81 79. Simple men piercings in the ear’s cartilage
- 82 80. Horseshoe ring as a septum piercing jewel
- 83 81. Ash hair and flesh tunnels
- 84 82. Pierced man fooling around
- 85 83. The largest horseshoe ring
- 86 84. Spice things up with an eyebrow piercing
- 87 85. A nose ring fits every style too
- 88 86. Piercings change your attitude
- 89 87. Infinity ring to complete your hipster look
- 90 88. Double tongue piercings
- 91 89. Style is the ultimate key
- 92 Pay for professional services
Every person feels pain differently, so it’s difficult to estimate how much it will hurt you. In addition, the pain level depends on the area that you decide to pierce. A lip piercing for example will be less painful than an eyebrow piercing because the tissue is soft. Nipples have a concentration of nerve endings that might make you squeeze someone’s hand a little tighter when the needle goes through. Nose piercings and ear cartilage piercings are going to feel like pinches, but they will take a longer time to heal. What’s important is to get a piercing that you really like. That will make pain worth it!
The cleaning routine
Basically, every piercing type is cleaned in the same way. The exceptions are oral piercings, which don’t have to be washed with antibacterial soap, but just cleansed with salt water and mouthwash without alcohol. What you’ll need are cotton pads, cotton swabs, salt water and maybe hydrogen peroxide. I usually clean my piercings with soap and hydrogen peroxide, but salt water is recommended by most professionals and it has proven to be very effective. Extra caution is required for oral piercings as they don’t get along well with spicy foods, alcohol or cigarettes. Handling a fresh piercing with clean hands is always a must!
1. Earlobe piercings and septum horseshoe
I personally love septum piercings on both men and women. It looks good on this guy for sure!
2. A tricky upper cartilage piercing
Men piercings don’t have to be plan or thick only. You can opt for a beautiful decorative leaf as well.
3. Flesh tunnel and a large septum piercing
This guy’s look fits just great with his flesh tunnel and large septum piercing. His style is really modern right now!
4. Clean look with a septum piercing
Without sporting any other body decorations, this guy is wearing a septum piercing with spikes.
5. Rugged look with flesh tunnels and a nose piercing
Rugged and neat at the same time, this guy’s look is complete thanks to his men piercings.
6. A nicely decorated profile
Chromatically speaking, all this guy’s piercings are a match! He is wearing slightly thicker jewelry than the standard ones.
7. An eyebrow piercing for more charm
Guys with eyebrow piercings are considered more charming by some ladies.
8. Lip horseshoe and ear ornaments
Did you think that you can’t combine the office look with piercings? Think again!
9. Huge flesh tunnels and a nose adornment
This dude is committed to body modifications. Besides tattoos, he also experiments with stretched ears and a septum ring.
10. Cool guy with an industrial piercing
I’m not saying this guy’s doesn’t look cool without that piercing. However, it sort of completes his image.
11. A charming stud with a septum ring
Everything this guy represents is trendy right now! His body, tattoos, accessories, hair, beard and piercing too!
12. Sparkly jewelry for men piercings
Classy men will wear crystals and golden jewelry as piercings!
13. Nostril ring and a big smile
Is this the look of a really cute hipster or am I mistaken due to his hair and glasses?
14. Artistic view of a lower lip piercing
Sensible and also manly, this guy sports a lower lip piercing that looks already healed.
15. Matching double eyebrow piercings
Large beads on stuffy eyebrows are the best choices because they stand out!
16. Symmetry and a central piercing
This guy’s stretched earlobes create symmetry with a central point of interest that is his septum ring.
17. A celebrity with a nostril stud
2PAC was ahead of his time with this nostril stud embellished with a crystal.
18. Lenny Kravitz’s nostril piercings
Lenny Kravitz was also among the first celebrities to wear nose piercings.
19. Slick guy scattered with cool piercings
With a double eyebrow combo, a septum piercing and a few ear piercings, this guy looks slick!
20. Pretty boy relies on symmetry
Two flesh tunnels and snakebites create perfect facial symmetry for this pretty boy.
21. Double rings in the cartilage
The ear’s cartilage heals completely in approximately 1 year. This is what commitment means!
22. David Beckham and his earlobe jewelry
David Beckham was wearing a jeweled ring in his earlobe a few years ago.
23. Nipple piercings and a couple more
Nipple piercings are preferred by men. Can you tell why?
24. Spider bites and a nice smile
When you have two lower lip piercings on the same side, it means you have spider bites.
25. Straight barbell with large beads
Men piercings require large jewelry to harmoniously fit their faces.
26. Young guy sports bridge and septum piercings
The bridge piercing and the septum piercing are both considered nose piercings. He also wears a stud in his lower lip.
27. Sporty look with a lip piercing
You’ll often see guys wearing side lip piercings rather than middle lip piercings.
28. Closed bead ring for the nostril
The nostril piercing is the most common nose piercing. You can wear a stud or a ring like this guy’s.
29. Youngster with a lip addition
Young guys tend to choose pretty, plain piercings for their faces.
30. Spikes on a curved bead for eyebrows
Spikes are manlier than beads. However, you have to be careful not to hurt yourself when you put clothes on or take them off. Also, practicing sports with eyebrow piercings isn’t quite recommended.
31. Corset piercings for advanced pierced men
The corset piercing involves a row of piercings that mimic the shape of a corset. For a more realistic look, you can add a fine string to connect them. Only experienced men should opt for this as it involves poking many holes in one sitting.
32. The versatile septum piercing
As you probably noticed or you definitely will, the septum piercing is quite versatile. It can look goon on you regardless of your style.
33. Thin ring for your septum piercing
Men piercings are either thicker or larger than girl piercings due to men’s sturdier conformation.
34. A smiley piercing for a good laugh
The smiley piercing shows up when you smile or laugh. It is attached to the lip frenulum, that is a thin tissue located under your upper lip.
35. Large gauge ring for the septum
When you create a certain image for yourself, you have to maintain it with the proper accessories.
36. Neat jewelry for an original look
More of a boy than a man, this guy has wisely chosen his jewelry. Something thick like the ring from the previous picture would’ve not suited him.
37. Double nose and double ear piercings
Heavily tattooed, this person has large flesh tunnels in both earlobes and one piercing in each nostril. His style is not common at all!
38. A row of ear piercings
Going from the earlobe to the cartilage, this guy has several piercings done.
39. Stretched ear in progress
Stretching the earlobe takes time if you want to do it naturally rather than cutting off a pierce of it.
40. A simple nostril piercing
If you are a tattoo passionate and you cannot tattoo your face or neck, you can opt for a simple piercing just for fun.
41. Adding edge to a simple look
You can easily enhance your looks and style with an eyebrow piercing.
42. A piercing for each eyebrow
This boy got similar piercings in both his eyebrows. They look good on him! You’d have to be careful with hats though, especially when your eyebrows heal.
43. Infinity ring for the septum
An infinity ring is a type of jewel that has virtually no end or beginning. However, that’s just an optical illusion.
44. A happy guy with colored piercings
Truth is, you won’t see too many guys wearing colored piercings. I guess you all like that austere and serious look. However, it would be a pity not to add some color to brighten your face and ears with it!
45. Alternative models are hot
The fashion industry has accepted alternative models. This one has chosen an eyebrow piercing and an earlobe piercing to complete his tattooed image.
46. Septum and lip piercings aligned
This dude sports a vertical labret in his lower lip. His piercing goes through his lip and the exit point is inside his mouth.
47. A simple labret piercing
More of a chin piercing, this simple labret is cute and easy to take care of!
48. Half of a snake bite
Snake bites are complete when you have one piercing in each side of your lower lip. You can get them in one session or two, depending on your tolerance to pain.
49. A complete set of snake bites
This is how snake bites look like.
50. A horizontal eyebrow piercing
Not all eyebrow piercings are vertical. They can also be placed horizontally above the eyebrow or below the eyebrow.
51. Curved barbell placed diagonally
This is an alternative to the regular vertical eyebrow piercing.
52. Justin Bieber and his earlobe piercing
Justin Bieber fans might want a piercing just like his!
53. Rugged look with thick jewelry
The septum is thin, so you have to be careful when you stretch it. The jewel from his lip might only feature a large bead, not actually be large gauged.
54. A fresh piercing in the eyebrow
This is how you should expect a fresh piercing to look like. Red, bloody, sore, inflamed are all normal stages of a new tissue perforation.
55. Lenny Kravitz and his signature piercings
Lenny is always wearing a stud in one nostril and a ring in the other one.
56. A Medusa and a tear drop
The piercing located on his upper lip is called Medusa. The tear drop is that shiny bead that you see under his eye. That is actually a microdermal piercing that has an entry point, but no exit point and it’s attached with the help of an anchor that is inserted under the skin.
57. Black barbells for manly eyebrows
Black confers a tougher look than silver or other colors.
58. Tough look with a touch of finesse
This man’s image is still a little rough, but also with a touch of finesse due to the size of the beads.
59. Cute bearded man wearing septum and vertical labret piercings
A man who cares about his looks, this one chose piercings that flatter the middle of his face.
60. Cheek piercings for men
Cheek piercings for men didn’t made it to the top 5, but this doesn’t mean men don’t look adorable with them!
61. Bridge and flesh tunnels
The bridge piercing is complicated because most bodies reject it immediately.
62. Punk style with a labret piercing
If you’re going for a look similar to this, you can get your lip pierced!
63. Men piercings all over the face
I can see symmetrical sets of ear piercings, snake bites and a labret piercing, as well as two types of nose piercings. Would you get them all?
64. Pretty boy with snake bites and huge flesh tunnels
This combo of piercings makes me think this pretty boy is devoted to body modifications. They less painful piercing he has is the labret.
65. The uncommon Rhino piercing
The Rhino piercing is uncommon. It involves piercing the tip of your nose vertically and it is known to be pretty painful due to thick cartilage and tissue perforation.
66. Eyebrow ring for a cool boy style
You don’t need complicated combos to look cool. A ring is your eyebrow should suffice.
67. Silver piercings for a badass look
Besides the fact that all his piercings match, they also ensure a badass look due to their placement. He has a vertical bridge piercing, several eyebrow and lip piercings, as well as nose piercings. His ear piercings are notable too.
68. Flashy septum and earlobe jewelry
Men piercings are easy to notice if they choose large jewelry. Do you think his septum ring is too much?
69. True marks of style
The pretty boy/rock star look is often completed with snake bites and flesh tunnels.
70. Huge stretched ears and microdermals
For some people, piercings are part of their identity. They find themselves believing in certain cultural values and want to express their philosophy with body modifications. I think he’s original.
71. Tragus, conch and nose piercings
His nostril piercing is the most common one he has. The tragus piercing is the less common one.
72. Style and finesse with shiny studs
Sophistication can be achieved with the right jewelry.
73. A skater look with hoodie included
Cheek piercings in men aren’t popular, but they should be. Piercing your cheek might take a long while to heal because the cheek is thick. Even so, people who pierced their cheeks didn’t report high levels of pain. In addition, they create dimples if you don’t have any or accentuate the ones you already have.
74. Fitted jewelry for a man’s face
Some men wear small jewelry, some large and others choose jewelry that fits their anatomy. He surely measured himself precisely to find such good fits.
75. A nostril ring might be what you need
A simple nostril piercing accessorized with a black ring might be all you need to get that charm. Say goodbye to the nice guy look!
76. Silver nose ring matches other accessories
While black jewels might be hard to match with other accessories such as rings, the silver ones work just fine.
77. You can’t go wrong with snake bites and flesh tunnels
So far, this combination of piercings is the most met. It is usually combined with beard, tattoos and a really laid back attitude. Do you find yourself in this category or is this your goal?
78. White as the 3rd most popular color
White is the 3rd most popular color for jewels chosen by men. They rarely choose red and blue, not to mention green, yellow or purple and pink.
79. Simple men piercings in the ear’s cartilage
Anyone can pull off a few simple cartilage rings. They feel like a pinch and shouldn’t be an inconvenient unless you sleep on them when they are not healed or you forget to clean them regularly.
80. Horseshoe ring as a septum piercing jewel
The closed beaded ring and the horseshoe ring are the two jewels that fit the septum best. Some people also wear curved barbells or infinity rings.
81. Ash hair and flesh tunnels
Matching piercings with your style includes matching them with your hair. However, if you want a piece of every style to result in one unique style, go ahead!
82. Pierced man fooling around
This is not a proven fact, but pierced men are usually more fun to hang around with. They tend to be more open minded and they don’t judge others by taking their appearance into consideration.
83. The largest horseshoe ring
Since the base of the nose is made of cartilage and hard tissue, it can sustain a large jewel. Although surgical steel and titanium are lightweight, at that size I’m sure this one isn’t.
84. Spice things up with an eyebrow piercing
If you’re thinking of an eyebrow piercing as your first piercing, it will definitely spice things up for you! Not all pierced guys are alternative guys.
85. A nose ring fits every style too
The nose ring is more preeminent that other piercings that might be less noticeable. I find that it fits any style by looking at so many diverse men wearing one. His earlobe piercings are nice too!
86. Piercings change your attitude
Just look at how confident this guy is! It could be innate or fueled by his tattoos and piercings. Regardless of the body modification that you choose, you will feel more confident for sure. This doesn’t mean you need piercings to be more confident. It’s just something that happens naturally.
87. Infinity ring to complete your hipster look
Men these days have chosen to take better care of themselves and create looks that really suit their style and personality. That’s why a simple piercing can make everything look perfect and feel even better! Don’t mind the concerned look on his face! That’s just an act.
88. Double tongue piercings
Not visible piercings, tongue piercings are a delight to discover when you get intimate with someone. They are also nice to play with after the tissue heals. After wearing them for a while, you won’t even feel like there’s something in your tongue. When I take mine off, I feel something is missing.
89. Style is the ultimate key
Whether you opt for one small stud or you go for full face piercings, what’s important is for them to fit your style. As long as you feel comfortable and awesome, any piercing type is right for you. You can simply go from a bad boy look to a pretty boy look by changing the jewelry you are wearing.
Pay for professional services
The earlobe and the helix piercings will cost you the least in any professional shop. Prices vary between $20 and $35. Conch, forward helix, daith, tragus, snug and rook piercings start at about #35 per piece, while any ear piercing that is 10 gauge or larger costs between $35 and $55. You will pay around $35 for a nose piercing, eyebrow piercing, lip piercing, tongue piercing, septum piercing and nipple piercing too. Most shops have discounts in case you want more than one piercing during one sitting. These prices don’t include jewelry and the price of jewelry is hard to predict due to all the available options. Choose surgical steel and any design you like, as long as it is comfortable for the healing period! Don’t even consider paying an inexperienced piercer less because you are the one who might suffer the consequences! Happy piercing!